Fallen Ashlee Sokalski #316

James

Staff member
Funeral arrangements have been set for a Chesterfield Township teen who died Tuesday.

Ashlee Sokalski sustained massive injuries in a motocross race in Tennessee Thursday, Aug. 5. On Tuesday, her family made the difficult decision to pull her off of life-support after doctors at Vanderbilt University Hospital informed them there was nothing more they could do to save her.

Viewing arrangements for Sokalski are from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Wujek-Cacaterra and Sons Funeral Home at 16 Mile Road and Schoenherr in Sterling Heights. Funeral services will be at noon Monday at Christian Memorial Cemetery on Hamlin Road in Rochester Hills. A luncheon for family and friends will follow at Rivercrest Banquet Hall, 900 West Avon Road in Rochester.

Additionally, a tribute fundraiser will be held Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at L'Anse Creuse North High School. According to a Facebook page announcing the event, friends will be taking memorial T-shirt and decal orders and accepting contributions for Sokalski's family during a pig roast.
Source - The Voice

I wonder how much money they will make from all the swagg they sell?........R.I.P Ashlee.

Chances are she was way underinsured, not insured, and the family had all of it's
resources in her racing efforts. Then the monumental cost of a funeral, I really feel for them.

WOW, heart wrenching for sure, Love and prayers to the surviving members of the family. I know if it was one of mine I would want to be taken instead. God Bless the family.

James

Staff member
That is an Awesome video and it was great to see some many people out there supporting and representing her. Thanks for Posting the Video link James.:thumb:

Ride hard Ashlee..:ride:
I wish I could have been there. :ride:

Isn't the motocross/dirt bike community just awesome, I don't know of any other sport where everyone will come together like that in a time of need. :hug:

I wish I could have been there. :ride:

Isn't the motocross/dirt bike community just awesome, I don't know of any other sport where everyone will come together like that in a time of need. :hug:
Yes it is. I have never seen another community come together like they do in the off-road world.:thumb: