ARROWHEAD 10/14/2010 RR

SRAD97750

Staff member
ARROWHEAD 10/14/2010
7AM pinnacles staging, My brother mike, Rivithead242, rivithead's buddy from SD, and myself prep for a ride we have never done. Little did we know...

Headed out 3N34X and had a few deer run alongside the trail. Temperatures couldn't have been better. At the very first corner I hear Mike curse aloud. "What's wrong?" I ask over the scala rider. "totally ripped my pants, gonna be a breezy ride," was his reply. :lol:

Turned onto 3W13, 2N28Y, 2N25, back onto 3N34 to the T-6 Bridge where we stopped for a photo op and to be penetrated by the rangers...

Bridge2.jpg

John.jpg

Group1.jpg

River1.jpg

Rangers.jpg

Next, we headed north again on 3N34 twords 3N34D, which ends at devil's hole, I believe. Where I acheived WETNESS in the water crossing.

Out of the rivercrossing comes 2W01, a <24" trail, which if you're not careful, you might need a helping hand getting back up atop the trail! Someone saw a deer on 2W01, but I was too busy staying on my line.

Helping.jpg

2W01 was just great, Not alot of that good stuff around!
Blasted around 3N59 to 4N16. 3N17 is where it got really interesting. White mountain is basically all rocks. Not alot else but broken, jagged, stacked rocks, that climbs 750ft. to 7150ft elevation. Not a whole lot of fun in my opinion. But, it teaches lines. Choose the right line, or crack a rib. Your choice.

Finished up 3N11.

Whoops.jpg

River.jpg

river2.jpg

Sky.jpg

Sky2.jpg

WR2.jpg

As we passed crab flats campground, cold rain momentarily fell in heavy drops. Felt and smelled amazing. Couldn't ask for a better sensation while riding the forest!

3N16 connected back to 3N34 where I got a rear flat. Not a fun one either. Right as I got to the "jeep section" it was becoming painfully obvious I had little control.

Finished 2N27Y, 2N28Y, 2N29Y and back to 3N34 to the Staging area. None of it was beyond our skill level but was challenging at some instances. Great ride, 70 degrees, 5 hours or so of ride time. GPS said 68.2 Miles!!! WOW! Let's just say, 3 of us used more fuel then our tanks could carry, and needed a top-off or two... The best range was the 86 KDX200, which did not need extra fuel.

Group2.jpg

Group3.jpg

PLEASE WATCH IN 480p for best results.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzfS7SNlbbA

Without that pesky jazz music...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cnW2Es7jpk

All in All a great day on two wheels. We will most definitely be camping there in the near future to hit somemore of what arrowhead has to offer. Probably won't ride the white mountain trail again, but the Malcolm Smith trail looks promising!!! Until Next time!!! -BIG DAN:thumb:

That looked like a great day! I noticed on the beginning of the GREAT video click on here to hear the WR500..who has a WR500? Is there such a thing?:noidea:

I really enjoyed the video:thumb: with jazz!:banana:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I noticed on the beginning of the GREAT video click on here to hear the WR500..who has a WR500? Is there such a thing?
That link takes you to the music-less version of the same video, Not everyone likes my taste in music. It was what I was listening to during the ride, so that's what I put on the video. Memory is linked to smell and sound more then the other senses.
I have a 1993 WR500 which is an aircooled 490cc twostroke, disc brakes front and back, KYB inverted fully adjustable forks, 4 gallon tank, head/tail lights. Bark busters, skid plate, pipe guard, rear caliper guard, and wide pegs makes it a mean desert bike.
Made for 1.5 year out of leftover parts. Looks like a "mad max" YZ490 with it's current paintjob. Very cool in my eyes.

THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE! I go riding somewhat often, and I know not everyone has that same luxury. I am so glad to be able to share it!
-BIG DAN:thumb:

That link takes you to the music-less version of the same video, Not everyone likes my taste in music. It was what I was listening to during the ride, so that's what I put on the video. Memory is linked to smell and sound more then the other senses.
I have a 1993 WR500 which is an aircooled 490cc twostroke, disc brakes front and back, KYB inverted fully adjustable forks, 4 gallon tank, head/tail lights. Bark busters, skid plate, pipe guard, rear caliper guard, and wide pegs makes it a mean desert bike.
Made for 1.5 year out of leftover parts. Looks like a "mad max" YZ490 with it's current paintjob. Very cool in my eyes.

THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE! I go riding somewhat often, and I know not everyone has that same luxury. I am so glad to be able to share it!

I used to ride often until last weekend :pout:

So there really is a WR500..huh? Whadduh I know...not much about that! How do you harness such a beast?:shocked:

I like the music a lot. I have very diverse taste in music. And LOVE riding with it:banana: I honestly believe music has made me a better rider. I started riding alone because I knew nobody who rode. So the headphones went on from the beginning. I like to find my groove, get into the rhythm, in the "zone" It really is like dancing with the bike. And I love it! Dont be a hater if it's not for you people:P I know many :naughty:do not approve of this. Just as riding alone is stupid.

We need to ride someday Dan! That is IF you'll wait for the slow Sun:ride:

SRAD97750

Staff member
How do you harness such a beast?
We need to ride someday Dan! That is IF you'll wait for the slow Sun:ride:
The beast is not too wild, and I am fairly big and strong. The first day I rode it, it stretched every tendon in my elbows and shoulders... unbelievable pain later that night.

I am always down to ride, and we never leave anyone behind. Slow is not an issue. Shoot, I'm pretty slow myself...