Armageddon bike???

If it all goes shit shaped and you gotta head for the hills what you riding to get you there and beyond?
I'm gonna go XR400r or at least XR250r for reliability, consumption and size and availability of spares in almost every barn you come across!
And yes trailers in tow if need be :lol:
What's your go to bike when the shit goes down?
I'm pretty confident I can take down a deer, skin, gut and prep but the people I work with ???? They're screwed lol!:smirk:

Dang.....flake took my choice, I guess my second choice would be a KDX 220, mainly because of its reliability and low maintenance engine. It was durable and had good range. It may not have as many parts available to me as a XR, but because of the kdx's strong reputation not breaking down I probably wouldn't have to ride from barn to barn to scrounge up parts. Besides I've always wanted to own one and havnt had the opportunity.

Dang.....flake took my choice, I guess my second choice would be a KDX 220, mainly because of its reliability and low maintenance engine. It was durable and had good range. It may not have as many parts available to me as a XR, but because of the kdx's strong reputation not breaking down I probably wouldn't have to ride from barn to barn to scrounge up parts. Besides I've always wanted to own one and havnt had the opportunity.

If I was heading to the woods so to speak here, I would take my xr200. There are lots of atv's powered by similar motors in the "bush". My xr250 would be left.

Of course Sean with his monster CR500faf with the turbocharged motor and 17 speed tranny topped off with the coors light beer cooler would be roosting all of us with all the massive power being transmitted to the rear wheel via the sidewinder sprocket to the point where we'd all break down in tears and become casualties of the apacolypse.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Lots of Vespas and parts out there, worldwide. 90mpg, no maintenance, or exposed controls. Mostly all interchangeable engine components with these modern vespas. You would stand a good chance making good distance on one. Not sure how I'd mount the 50 cal on it though... :thinking:

Little known fact, I hold a 'Piaggio Service Certification.' While in A+P school I was the service rep at Riverside Vespa. I remember flipping a et2 50cc 2T with a fresh belt trying a fat wheelie through an intersection. Customer was less than pleased.
-BIG DAN:thumb: