Are These Clutch Plates Good Or Bad?

SRAD97750

Staff member
I wouldn't ride it like that. But, apparently it has been gone since your problem started. So, It's your bike. Nothing catastrophic would come of it. Just a grabby clutch... :smirk:

Those indentations are just big enough to retain the ball bearing. They are supposed to be that size. Everything else looks good to me. Throw in a ball bearing and adjust the cable again. You are going to be good to go. -BIG DAN

I wouldn't ride it like that. But, apparently it has been gone since your problem started. So, It's your bike. Nothing catastrophic would come of it. Just a grabby clutch... :smirk:

Those indentations are just big enough to retain the ball bearing. They are supposed to be that size. Everything else looks good to me. Throw in a ball bearing and adjust the cable again. You are going to be good to go. -BIG DAN
Thanks for all the help! I appreciate it. I will report back again when I have an update.

That ball bearing was the problem. Shifts pretty smoothly now. Unfortunately this part of Alaska is now being torn apart by 80-120mph winds and constant downpour of rain. Its literally been downpouring rain for about 2 weeks now. Not that I care about rain, but you cant ride with that bad of winds. What crappy timing. Anyway, thanks again for all the help.

James

Staff member
That ball bearing was the problem. Shifts pretty smoothly now. Unfortunately this part of Alaska is now being torn apart by 80-120mph winds and constant downpour of rain. Its literally been downpouring rain for about 2 weeks now. Not that I care about rain, but you cant ride with that bad of winds. What crappy timing. Anyway, thanks again for all the help.
Sucks about the weather, let us know how it rides next time you're out. :ride:

sucks about the rain but better rain than snow....Burrrrrrrrr!

Glad you got it all fixed. :thumb: