Other Aprilia rs 125 help

I managed to get the bike running and off the first click this time. I guess the guy who I got the bike off doesn't know how to do up clips and bolts. The carb was loose so it just pops off lol. That's sorted now. Also had to change the rear subframe because he had it hired about 4-5 inches! And the welding was comical and deadly. Also the bike never come with the standard 2 stroke
Bottle where it self feeds 2 stoke to the engine so he turned it into pre mix. Not happy but I will get it all sorted!, I just don't no where the 2 stroke pipe plugs into the engine?

Here's some pics on my dilemma, also the engine is very oily It needs a good parathin clean!.
Does anyone know where the smaller pipe that's chopped! Goes into? I know the larger one comes from the 2 stroke resivuir

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 8

SRAD97750

Staff member
Here's some pics on my dilemma, also the engine is very oily It needs a good parathin clean!.
Does anyone know where the smaller pipe that's chopped! Goes into? I know the larger one comes from the 2 stroke resivuir
When a 2T mixer/pump is blocked off and they have switched to pre-mix, there is usually a reason.
I would suspect the pump gave up. There is a few tests to check and see if the pump is operating properly. I would do those tests before running it solely off the pump.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Not a bad shout tbh. I just like things be how they where when they left the factory
When a 2T mixer/pump is blocked off and they have switched to pre-mix, there is usually a reason.
I would suspect the pump gave up. There is a few tests to check and see if the pump is operating properly. I would do those tests before running it solely off the pump.

So I found out where that smaller pipe goes, into the carb and the nipples busted! I'm not happy, does this mean a new carb or car the nipples be replaced? It's the bronze-gold looking one for the 2 stroke pump

SRAD97750

Staff member
So I found out where that smaller pipe goes, into the carb and the nipples busted! I'm not happy, does this mean a new carb or car the nipples be replaced? It's the bronze-gold looking one for the 2 stroke pump
And there is the reason why it was disabled. There had to be a reason.
The nipples should be replaceable, but may not be.

Things to think about.

Jetting for premix is totally different than jetting for pump-mixed oil.
If you go back to pump-mixed, you'll have to verify the jetting is correct.
If you stay pre-mixed, verify the jetting has been fattened to accommodate the 'additional' oil. This may be your hard starting issue brought on by a lean condition. -BIG DAN:thumb:

EDIT: If it were me, I would be sure to plug the broken nipple, check jetting, and run premix for the rest of it's life (Pre-mixing ensures consistent fuel/oil mixture). Premix makes ME feel better about riding, and how you 'feel' is all that counts.

Last edited:
To be honest the nipple that's broken off isn't plugged up it's just open to the elements, as you said could be making it run rich. I was out in it in the sun the other day with a friend of mine on his piaggio typhoon with a malossi 172 kit, everyone was saying how fast they are, I left him in the distance I loved it lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 6

SRAD97750

Staff member
To be honest the nipple that's broken off isn't plugged up it's just open to the elements, as you said could be making it run rich. I was out in it in the sun the other day with a friend of mine on his piaggio typhoon with a malossi 172 kit, everyone was saying how fast they are, I left him in the distance I loved it lol.
Shouldn't have any issues dusting a piaggio.

Actually the open port would lead to a lean condition as well. -BIG DAN:thumb:

This bike is still verry hard to start and I know I need to block the nipple. I done a compression test does anyone know if this is good or bad?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 5

SRAD97750

Staff member
This bike is still verry hard to start and I know I need to block the nipple. I done a compression test does anyone know if this is good or bad?
Good enough.

So, plug the nipple, and pull the carburetor and check the jetting. If it's still stock jetting, you'll need to go larger on the pilot and main jets to accomodate the oil in the fuel.
I suspect this is your hard starting issue.
Have you done a plug chop? What's the spark plug look like? -BIG DAN:thumb:

I would say it's between these 2 but not as wet and not as dry. I'm a cautious rider in the roads because there's so many idiots around so I rarely hit (wot) plus I'm running a br8 plug wich people are saying isn't good for the full power bike?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 4
I would love to know the standard factory settings for the phbh28 carb on the rs I've done many searches and people ask and you never get an answer lol
I would say it's between these 2 but not as wet and not as dry. I'm a cautious rider in the roads because there's so many idiots around so I rarely hit (wot) plus I'm running a br8 plug wich people are saying isn't good for the full power bike?

SRAD97750

Staff member
62 and 115 for the english released models. This is for when the pump is working and the jets are free to just flow the fuel.
You'll need 68 and 132 minimum in there to provide the added flow for a 50:1 or 60:1 fuel/oil mixture.
Jetting is up to each bike and multiple plug chops with new spark plugs is the only way to tune it properly. At this point we're just guessing.