Apple I-Pad Question

Serious question here. :prof: The I-Pad is supposed to be available in Canada within the next week. My question is do any of you guys/gals own one or know anybody that owns one and, if so, what do you think of it? Thanks in advance, N-edge

Serious question here. :prof: The I-Pad is supposed to be available in Canada within the next week. My question is do any of you guys/gals own one or know anybody that owns one and, if so, what do you think of it? Thanks in advance, N-edge

I don't own one but have played around with it a lot and it's basically a big iTouch. I have an iPhone and love it but this phone can do the same stuff(except that mine is 32GB and that can go up to 64GB) but same features but in a bigger format. Probably made for all the old people who can't see the stuff on the iphone or itouch :noidea:

They are really nice, I pretty much like everything about it...

Oh I don't own one, but did stay at Holiday Express Inn last night... :thumb:

Was considering getting one as well. I have a 3gs 32GB iPhone. If the iPad is faster, which by the videos, it doesn't look too much faster, I would consider getting one. It's just an expensive toy, and don't see it serving a real purpose yet, expect maybe some movies on the go for the midgets or something like that. I had the wife convinced I had already ordered one, but she called bullshit today and I caved. Would like one, but at $1K for top dog with a case, you could get a decent laptop. That being said, why don't you get one N-edge, and right up a nice report for us. :thumb:

I don't own one but have played around with it a lot and it's basically a big iTouch. I have an iPhone and love it but this phone can do the same stuff(except that mine is 32GB and that can go up to 64GB) but same features but in a bigger format. Probably made for all the old people who can't see the stuff on the iphone or itouch :noidea:
:redface: Ummm, yea, I'm thinking about getting one for my wife.

They are really nice, I pretty much like everything about it...

Oh I don't own one, but did stay at Holiday Express Inn last night... :thumb:
Knew I could count on the Redster for solid tech advice. :thumb:

Was considering getting one as well. I have a 3gs 32GB iPhone. If the iPad is faster, which by the videos, it doesn't look too much faster, I would consider getting one. It's just an expensive toy, and don't see it serving a real purpose yet, expect maybe some movies on the go for the midgets or something like that. I had the wife convinced I had already ordered one, but she called bullshit today and I caved. Would like one, but at $1K for top dog with a case, you could get a decent laptop. That being said, why don't you get one N-edge, and right up a nice report for us. :thumb:

I do believe I will get one (for my wife that is) :smirk: If I, errrrrr, my wife can figure it out, I'll, errrrrr, my wife will report back to you guys. :thumb:

They are really pretty cool I think. My sister in-law just bought herself one for her birthday and she had me set it up for her and of course I had to play with it while I was at it! First of all it is really easy to set up and use, I think pretty much anyone that can turn on a computer can figure it out. The iPad really appealed to my sister because she loves to read stories on-line and with this she can do it while sitting outside, laying in bed, etc. That is something you cant really do on the iPhone or iTouch because the screens are too small. It basically is a mini laptop computer, if I had one I think I would rarely use my PC and after playing around with hers I really want one! :thumb:

yeah i want one of these really bad too... just trying to figure out if the 3g on it would really be necessary? any one input on that? aren't the ones without the 3g a lot less expensive as the ones with it? what's the difference? thought 3g was just for phones or something? :noidea:

James

Staff member
I needed something for "on the go" so I got a netbook from Verizon. It's the Gateway LT2016U, it's a full featured laptop in a little package, that has a 5-6 hour battery life. :thumb:

Milk, 3G is the wireless highspeed internet that phones and netbooks use for internet anywhere you go. Well that's if you have Verizon, ATT 3G only works in big cities.:moon:
Talk to Pr1malRage, he works on the towers so he knows everything about it.

my 3g on my iphone seems to work rather well :noidea: i don't live in a big city... more like a little shithole :excuseme:

Well, I had a few minutes this weekend to fool around on it and it is pretty slick. There is lots that I'll have to get used to. I got the 64 G model with wi-fi only. I can't believe how fast the thing loads. My son got ahold of it and loaded a boatload of apps on it - most of which I will never use. have all the Nitro Circus shows on it and watched a couple -the quality of the pic is great. Typing on it is not for me so I will likely get a keyboard for it to do any real serious posting. All in all I give it a :thumb: