Anyone ever Laced a wheel?

0212012108.jpg

0212012108b.jpg

0212012108a.jpg

SRAD97750

Staff member
Can you take a picture of the wheel holding mechanism? I'm interested in how it holds the wheel laterally. -BIG DAN

Sure ill take some more (and better ) pics tomorrow... Harbor Freight had that one for 49.95... i thought it was a great deal.. you could make it very easy......

SRAD97750

Staff member
You want to make sure your tire is going to run exactly in line with the hub and not off to one side. This will cause weird steering and possibly knobbies rubbing on the forks, even though the axle is aligned perfectly. Check.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Well i got it completed today... Everything looks and feels perfect.. I dont really know how tight i need to tighten the spokes really tho.. I told her to take it easy for a few days.. Im going to check over everything for a few days...

You want to make sure your tire is going to run exactly in line with the hub and not off to one side. This will cause weird steering and possibly knobbies rubbing on the forks, even though the axle is aligned perfectly. Check.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

This wheel was off to one side from the factory...

that shaft there that had the two black sliders

You have to take the bearings out of the hub and the sliders slid into the bearing housing and the sliders have little allen screws in them.. tighten them down and it keeps the wheel solid to the shaft there.. and the shaft rolls on the rollors there