Any bowlers in here?

Nothing wrong with new. Go with a fingertip grip though, not standard.

yeah i always just go first knuckle in... sitting here in the living room i can spin it perfect but on the lanes standing up i guess i'm not getting low enough to keep my hand under the ball when i roll it

I bowl a pretty good game on the Wii :smirk: I suck at the real game.:lol: I took my kids the other day and my 10yo beat the crap out of me and 8yo was a close second,,, talk about embarassing :blush: I did how manage to beat the wifey..no idea how.

N'edge is right, I've been bowling for too long...and like M'diva said "why do I keep doing this to myself". Like any other "gamer", you want to do your best and if you don't it's frustrating. I have a 190 avg...started over 200 but then shit happens...highest game wasa 286, highest series 760's...last season!

OK, about the balls. Depending on what kind of ball it is and how it's drilled will depend on what kind of hook you can put on it IF you use all 3 fingers. The latest craze with younger male bowlers is to leave your thumb out and "cup" the ball back on your wrist. I think that's the P*ssy way of doing it. I've only seen 2 guys on outr league do that and keep and avg over 200. ALSO, the hole sizes are a big factor, conventional grip or fingertip (rubber inserts for your middle and ring fingers). Ball material (outter shell) will depend on how much hook and what type of hook you want to throw, the core of the ball, size and shape...I say take it to the pro shop at the lanes and tell the guy/girl what you've got and have them tell you what they think. Bowling's a whole lot more technical than your average person thinks it is...It aint just a redneck sport anymore.

Without worrying where the pins are stand at the approach on one of the dots, I would say place the inside of your left foot (if you're right handed) at the 2nd dot from the right. look forward at either the set of dots closest to the foul line or the arrows out farther...those are your marks (very important). I use the 3rd dot on the approach and the 2nd arrow (10 board) as my mark. Walk towards the line at the same time swing the ball back like a pendulum but not too high, bring it forward and release all the while watching your mark...never mind the pins. Like T-rav said, the release is like a hand-shake...your hand should come up like you shook someones hand right next to you head liek your smoothing your hair. NOW, depending on where the ball went will depend on where you need to stand the next time. It's all fundamentals...move left/right forward/back...approach speed, arm swing, release, eyes on the mark...AND CLEAN SHOES...worst thing you can do is get anything foreign on the bottom of our sliding shoe.

Now good luck and high scoring...:prof:...:smirk:

James

Staff member
The latest craze with younger male bowlers is to leave your thumb out and "cup" the ball back on your wrist. I think that's the P*ssy way of doing it.

:thumb: rez. i agree thumb out spin is lame as hell.
:pout: Looks like I'm a lame p*ssy then.

:lol: That's the only way I've ever thrown, but then again I think I've only gone once maybe twice last year. :P As you can see it's not that big in my life. :noidea: :smirk:

:pout: Looks like I'm a lame p*ssy then.

:lol: That's the only way I've ever thrown, but then again I think I've only gone once maybe twice last year. :P As you can see it's not that big in my life. :noidea: :smirk:

Hey..today's Thursday...bowling night...uhhhh beer night! :banana: :banana: :banana: and as for you James......if the ball fits! :smirk:

I wear these cleats when I bowl....
P10883639a1.jpg

I like bowling I just don't bowl. Used to once in awhile. Around here or when we used to go it was hard to get a lane because of leaques.
I do have dreams of making the 7/10 split though.:thumb:

I like bowling I just don't bowl. Used to once in awhile. Around here or when we used to go it was hard to get a lane because of leaques.
I do have dreams of making the 7/10 split though.:thumb:

THAT would be awesome...Get a solid pocket show and leave that mess is what really pisses me off especially after seeign someone throw a straight ball not even hit a pocket and get a strike!

THAT would be awesome...Get a solid pocket show and leave that mess is what really pisses me off especially after seeign someone throw a straight ball not even hit a pocket and get a strike!

I've hit it once... Threw it really hard into the gutter right by the pin and it bounced perfect! Total luck shot though :banana: