Another Tire Thread

So it's time for new tires for my KX100 16/19 wheel set up. I'm going riding at a place with a mixture of hard pack and really sandy sand sand :lol: . I hear an equal amount of good and bad things about the mx51s

opinions much appreciated :thumb:

I hear the mx31's aren't good for hard pack which I will find myself on half the life of the tires

Those tires don't look really versatile hard/soft
There is no such thing as a soft to hard lol. either you do soft, soft to mid, IT, or mid to hard. There would be one of your best bets for down in florida.

You asked for opinions, but have just blown off 2 good ones...

I didn't blow off either of them, I'm looking for more information! Please share your experiences with that tire :thumb:
The reviews I have read on the mx31s say they bite great in sand but if you ride hard on hard pack traction is terrible. So personal experiences with your tire suggestions would be great.

I didn't blow off either of them, I'm looking for more information! Please share your experiences with that tire :thumb:
The reviews I have read on the mx31s say they bite great in sand but if you ride hard on hard pack traction is terrible. So personal experiences with your tire suggestions would be great.
A couple of buddies ride them, when it gets silty, good tire, decent bit all around, keep the psi low. I have found that s12 are a good all around as well(soft to mid), but they tend to chunk, before they wear down.

Emily for your verity, I would run the 51's. Good tread pattern for the sand and will work in all other terrain. The 31's will wear out quicker in the hard pack riding areas. The 51's will as well, but not as fast. I run a 71 out back, but I ride in the high desert and some pavement. the 71 works pretty well in the deep sand washes, but a 51would be better suited for that.

Hope that helps a little.:thumb: