Injured Another surgery in the books :(

James

Staff member
All the best for a speedy recovery James, it's a bugger! The older you get the more things tend to break, so you younger guy's try to keep them injuries to a minimum.
Thanks! It's going pretty good so far. :thumb:

Yeah I can't wait until arthritis starts setting in. :pout: :lol:

Both my knees are pretty shot from racing, along with L3,L4,L5, of the lumber spine. but that was not from racing, that was from some idiot driving on the wrong side of the road hitting me head on "I was riding a KTM exe" at the time. Three years in rehab, so I feel for you guy's when your going through healing, operations etc.
Ouch! Has it gotten better for you, did the pain go away? I a few years ago I got my legs pinned between two cars. However now a couple years and surgeries later, they're finally in pretty good shape. Haven't had any real pain in awhile, so I guess time does heal most things. I can still tell when the weather's changing though. :lol:

Hi James

Things did get better, but as you have learnt the changing weather will make you ache. But I was lucky, it was a 120khr velocity crash, both vehicles including his car write off's, It wasn't just the back that got broken, I had head injuries, broken arm, rotor cuff tear to right shoulder, torn ACL and PCL to left knee along with a host of other injuries including internal bleeding. Just to make me feel better a mate who was a patrol officer and on duty at the time said the officers who attended the scene said it should have been a fatal, just wasn't my time I guess. Unfortunately I've never fully recovered from the crash but still ride, my racing days finished that day, and 3 years of rehab felt like eternity, but it does provide some hope to those who are injured and feel they will never ride again.

The latest trip to hospital went horribly wrong, they overdosed me twice and injected me with a heap of air, that was June last year and still getting through that, but just try and get on with life as some are not as fortunate.

Hope 2012 is a better year for us hey!!

A :wink:

Hi James

Things did get better, but as you have learnt the changing weather will make you ache. But I was lucky, it was a 120khr velocity crash, both vehicles including his car write off's, It wasn't just the back that got broken, I had head injuries, broken arm, rotor cuff tear to right shoulder, torn ACL and PCL to left knee along with a host of other injuries including internal bleeding. Just to make me feel better a mate who was a patrol officer and on duty at the time said the officers who attended the scene said it should have been a fatal, just wasn't my time I guess. Unfortunately I've never fully recovered from the crash but still ride, my racing days finished that day, and 3 years of rehab felt like eternity, but it does provide some hope to those who are injured and feel they will never ride again.

The latest trip to hospital went horribly wrong, they overdosed me twice and injected me with a heap of air, that was June last year and still getting through that, but just try and get on with life as some are not as fortunate.

Wow and I thought I had issues with my daily pain....:crazy::cripple:

Hi James

Get on with life is correct. :cheers:

:aussie:

Hay cool to the forum, I get an :aussie: smiley, thanks guys.

Getting on with life is correct to the above posts, I'm still riding even though I'm in extreme pain, having to take endone "not sure what it's called in the U.S etc" and don't know if the nerve damage is permanent or will take many more months to repair itself, just brilliant to the idiots at the Hospital for the 2 O.D's, and just like the U.S and U.K, you have no hope in hell to sue them unless you are prepared to loose everything you have worked your ass off to get nothing at the end, as they have more cash then you.

The word corruption comes to mind :(!!

A :wink: :aussie:

James

Staff member
Had my last post op today and the Doc said I could start doing some mild riding. :ride: However there's no "mild" riding in MX. :lol:

He encouraged me to wait another 3-4 weeks until going full bore. Which actually fits into my timeline as my plans always been to be back in the saddle around the first week in April. :thumb:

Now I just need to get the bike ready. :bonk:

Had my last post op today and the Doc said I could start doing some mild riding. :ride: However there's no "mild" riding in MX. :lol:

He encouraged me to wait another 3-4 weeks until going full bore. Which actually fits into my timeline as my plans always been to be back in the saddle around the first week in April. :thumb:

Now I just need to get the bike ready. :bonk:
You can always come back out here for some mild riding in the dez. :prof: Glad to hear you are healing up nicely.