Another ride at Kramer Hills

Can you get to these places from Spangler or is it too far?

A plated bike could have a great run - fly down 395 to Kramer, top off on gas and mosey your way back to Spangler, could spend all day checking out stuff.
In a perfect world, while camping at Spangler, someone with a trailer heading south could drop off a few bikes in Adelanto, lots of neat stuff to see southside of Kramer Hills, then the hills, then top off gas and food in Kramer Jct, then the afternoon ride up to Spangler.

Add about 40 to your Husky loop.:noidea:

A plated bike could have a great run - fly down 395 to Kramer, top off on gas and mosey your way back to Spangler, could spend all day checking out stuff.
In a perfect world, while camping at Spangler, someone with a trailer heading south could drop off a few bikes in Adelanto, lots of neat stuff to see southside of Kramer Hills, then the hills, then top off gas and food in Kramer Jct, then the afternoon ride up to Spangler.

Why not fly down trails and the cross cuddleback dry lake :noidea:

I have not looked at a map to see where Kramer is in relation to the drylake bed.

It's a bit of a distance from Cuddyback to Kramer junction. It should be right about 20 miles if you are going direct.

Is there a good approach to the gas stations at Kramer junction that is safe for non plated bikes? I figure that as soon as you go over the tracks you head off into the dirt roads. I guess an uptight highway patrol officer could still be a problem.

It's a bit of a distance from Cuddyback to Kramer junction. It should be right about 20 miles if you are going direct.

Is there a good approach to the gas stations at Kramer junction that is safe for non plated bikes? I figure that as soon as you go over the tracks you head off into the dirt roads. I guess an uptight highway patrol officer could still be a problem.

Yes, I've done it, Agent had a excellent loop, with a AMPM lunch stop too. We didn't get gas that day, only some gourmet grub, but there are trails into the back of a couple of stations, so I don't think there would be an issue. :untilthepopoimpoundsyourbike:

I was looking at google earth and realized there are trails that extend quite a distance south of the 58 towards Adelanto. That would be a long ass ride but some exploring parts of the area would be fun. Next time perhaps, but it will always be there for future rides.

Nice pics. I have never rode to that place. I've been to the Husky but never the crash site or those houses. I love riding up on places or things to explore.

Thanks for sharing you ride:thumb:

The Chevron station can be accessed from the north by sneaking across the railroad tracks on 395, you are only on the road for 10 feet, but going the wrong way, I am sure a cop could give you a hard time for doing that. Best access is to use the bridge under the tracks by the gas pipeline trail, follow the railroad service road into Kramer, then you can cross the 58 into the AM PM station. From the south, both the AM PM and 76 stations can be accessed legally from signed trails and pipeline road (also legal for non plated bikes).
Although I am a fan of AM PM's pork product sandwich, there is a small mexican restaurant north of the tracks on the west side of 395 with good food and parking for bikes (perhaps the old Astroburger, not too sure). Weathergeek probably knows the name and can give a review on the chow.

i had no idea where you were talking about until i read Astroburger... :lol: i use to make it a thing to stop there whenever i was traveling the 395. many many years ago that place was awesome.

The Chevron station can be accessed from the north by sneaking across the railroad tracks on 395, you are only on the road for 10 feet, but going the wrong way, I am sure a cop could give you a hard time for doing that. Best access is to use the bridge under the tracks by the gas pipeline trail, follow the railroad service road into Kramer, then you can cross the 58 into the AM PM station. From the south, both the AM PM and 76 stations can be accessed legally from signed trails and pipeline road (also legal for non plated bikes).
Although I am a fan of AM PM's pork product sandwich, there is a small mexican restaurant north of the tracks on the west side of 395 with good food and parking for bikes (perhaps the old Astroburger, not too sure). Weathergeek probably knows the name and can give a review on the chow.

So will you be out for Tday? Can you lead a few of us on this ride?