Another Great Day Trip

Well it seems some of you guys have been quiet lately but I got up Saturday morning and my buddy came and picked me up and off we went to Stoddard Wells. We pulled in the area, looked around at all the rocks and thought about the last time we were there, watched all the pit squids racing around, and pulled back out onto the freeway and headed up to our favorite place, you know where. As usual, a few campers but never saw another bike on the trails all day. Tried to make our way over to Fremont area and the Memorial but it sure gets confusing when you get out in that desert. No matter, just out riding that terrain for the day makes it great no matter where you end up. Next time we try for the Memorial again.

I envy you. My Bro and some of his buddies were there Saturday too, and said the conditions were perfect. I was going to take my Son today, but as usual as of late, I had a unexpected problem arise, and I cancelled at the last minute. My Son is really getting sick of me getting his hopes up. :noidea:

I was at "The Spot" with some friends on Saturday also. I even thought about you as we were getting back to the trucks at the end of the day.There was a SUV pulling a trailer with two bikes that was on it's way out as I was riding up to my truck. I didn't pay attention to what the makes were of the SUV or the other bike, but the one bike was a KTM and I just wondered if it could've been you :lol:.

Not us. We had a tan Ford pick up pulling a trailer. 2 KTM's in the truck and one on the trailer. My buddy brought a spare just for the fun of it. :thinking: We actually parked down the road a bit where the big green outcropping is, perhaps half way up the road to the top. I saw a couple of blue trucks up around the top area off to the left and a couple of campers but it was mostly quiet. We got there around 10:00 and left at 5:00. Maybe the next time we will hook up for a ride. :thumb:
I was at "The Spot" with some friends on Saturday also. I even thought about you as we were getting back to the trucks at the end of the day.There was a SUV pulling a trailer with two bikes that was on it's way out as I was riding up to my truck. I didn't pay attention to what the makes were of the SUV or the other bike, but the one bike was a KTM and I just wondered if it could've been you :lol:.

Well it seems some of you guys have been quiet lately but I got up Saturday morning and my buddy came and picked me up and off we went to Stoddard Wells. We pulled in the area, looked around at all the rocks and thought about the last time we were there, watched all the pit squids racing around, and pulled back out onto the freeway and headed up to our favorite place, you know where. As usual, a few campers but never saw another bike on the trails all day. Tried to make our way over to Fremont area and the Memorial but it sure gets confusing when you get out in that desert. No matter, just out riding that terrain for the day makes it great no matter where you end up. Next time we try for the Memorial again.
Handlebar mounted GPS is the answer for this problem.:thumb:

I envy you. My Bro and some of his buddies were there Saturday too, and said the conditions were perfect. I was going to take my Son today, but as usual as of late, I had a unexpected problem arise, and I cancelled at the last minute. My Son is really getting sick of me getting his hopes up. :noidea:
What a surprise.:P:rolleyes:

I have considered this little invention but doesn't it just point you in the right direction? Finding the trails or routes that actually get you there and not some dead end canyon is the tricky part. I can pretty much tell which direction I need to go. :thinking:
Handlebar mounted GPS is the answer for this problem.:thumb:

I have considered this little invention but doesn't it just point you in the right direction? Finding the trails or routes that actually get you there and not some dead end canyon is the tricky part. I can pretty much tell which direction I need to go. :thinking:

I'm with you, figuring out how, and where to go, is half the fun. Getting to the Husky isn't that hard, but it is a long semi-boring 2 track trail from Inscription. :ride:

I agree to a point. But most of the destinations have GPS coords that you can program in. Also, whenever I go somewhere and I get to the destination I "mark" it on my GPS for future trips. Believe me it is very helpful, and I am not a techie either. It has also helped with lost people to exactly retrace the route you traveled to help in finding them.

I know how to place mine in track mode to find my way back to the starting point, but I'll be damed if I can figure out way points and cords for all its worth....