250F Another 2004 KX250F Project/Build

Chinese! :doh: Sorry Dan I know thers a place for everything but.... If I have a jap bike I'll where and when possible buy Oem!And besides Chinese brings dissapointment!

Well now that it runs I said screw it, and ordered the damn $135.00 number graphics kit from RMATV. I did save $5.00 though by allowing RMATV to put their logo on it = JUSTIFIED!
I also ordered a Shinko Fatty for the rear, the Tusk Chub 1-1/8 bars KTM bend, 2 larger pilot jets, some MotionPro fork bleeders, and some chain wax.
Should be ready for the track in 2 weeks.
Still gotta put the new fork seals in though :thumbsdown: (I hate doing fork seals, but at least I already have them)

Now all I need is a Honda generator to run my 20" fan from the back of the truck...I wont have the fan tomorrow, and it's gonna be brutal.

Well now that it runs I said screw it, and ordered the damn $135.00 number graphics kit from RMATV. I did save $5.00 though by allowing RMATV to put their logo on it = JUSTIFIED!
I also ordered a Shinko Fatty for the rear, the Tusk Chub 1-1/8 bars KTM bend, 2 larger pilot jets, some MotionPro fork bleeders, and some chain wax.
Should be ready for the track in 2 weeks.
Still gotta put the new fork seals in though :thumbsdown: (I hate doing fork seals, but at least I already have them)

Now all I need is a Honda generator to run my 20" fan from the back of the truck...I wont have the fan tomorrow, and it's gonna be brutal.

smaller pilots.... you need smaller pilots

Took her to the track today. Had to adjust he fuel screw to 3 turns out, then was able to put a couple laps on it before I killed the engine. It didn't restart and instead of kicking it for an hour in the bazillion degree heat I pushed it back to the truck.
Of course I did give it a good number of kicks first, tried the hot-start lever, gave it some throttle, choked it...nothing.

So because I have a Softail brake issue taking up all the space in my garage and I have to make room for the truck with the bikes, could someone please tell me how the hot-start lever works, the mechanics behind it?

Preciate it.

It add extra air to the intake charge to make it leaner. Most of the carb 4 strokes end up having extra fuel in the system when they die suddenly and thus the hot start was added just for this.
FYI: Three turns out on the fuel screw indicates you are jetted lean in the pilot circuit of the carb.

Paw Paw