Pro AMA National Hare & Hound Series

Ok, so we have the first National H&H under our belt and our local boy Kurt Caselli is chasing the series this year. Check out this video: http://promoto.tv/2011H&HRND1.html

Kurt was way out front, but that damn Kaboom gave out a mile from the finish and he pushed to salvage a 5th overall. Wow! the beginning of the video gave me wood. It brought back some awesome memories of sitting there waiting for the banner to drop. Using your boot to make a line off the start for about 20 yards, I even use to bring a re-usable fire extinguisher and water the first 20 yards of dirt for traction.

Any how, checkout the video and let's keep this one thread for the whole year of the Nationals.

Sweet video. If that doesn't make you want to sling a leg over the bike, then you either don't have one, or you are already dead. I guess I'll spread some Roost around, and get back to you. :thumb:

Race Schedule

Here is the schedule for the year:

Round 1 - Jan. 23 Desert MC Lucerne Valley, Calif.

Round 2 - Feb. 13 Four Aces MC Ridgecrest, Calif.

Round 3 - March 6 Roadrunners MC El Centro, Calif.

Round 4 - March 20 Dirt, Inc. Melba, Idaho

Round 5 - April 9 Sage Riders Jericho, Utah

Round 6 - April 23 Vikings MC Lucerne Valley, Calif.

Round 7 - May 8 WSRA Reno, Nevada

Round 8 - May 21 Sugarloafers Jericho, Utah

Round 9 - Oct. 9 SoCal MC Johnson Valley, Calif.

Round 10 - Oct. 23 100s MC Lucerne, Calif.

Kurt was way out front, but that damn Kaboom gave out a mile from the finish and he pushed to salvage a 5th overall.

That's cause the hound rides a KXF. :lol:

Round 2: Four Aces - Spangler 2/13/2011

Well Round 2 is behind us and Kurt came out and proved the first round was no fluke. He did not grab the hole shot, but finished with 6 minutes to spare on the next guy.

Enjoy the film:

http://promoto.tv/2011H&HRND02.html

1st - Kurt Caselli (KTM)
2nd - David Pearson (JCR Honda)
3rd - Destry Abbott (Kaw)

Round 3: Caselli Wins King of the Desert National H&H

Kurt Caselli of the FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team scored his second victory of the AMA Racing/Kenda National Hare & Hound Championship Series at the Roadrunner Off-Road/Threat Racing King of the Desert National with David Pearson the runner-up again.
Caselli_inside.jpg

But unlike round two where Caselli had about seven minutes in hand at the finish, round three found him unable to shake the Purvines Racing Honda rider at the Superstition Mountain Off-Highway Vehicle Area just west of El Centro, California, on March 6.
At least for the first 60 miles or so, anyway.
After that fast first loop, the course once again wound its way through the sand dunes and rocky canyons of the Superstition area, and Pearson began to make a mistake here and there. "Really, there's no excuses," Pearson admitted. "Kurt rode good today, and I rode as hard as I could and got second."
Caselli agreed. "He was on my butt that whole first loop and I was pushing and still trying to ride smart," he said. "It was tough. I felt good that second [loop]. The bike was awesome."
Though Caselli is the first competitor to score more than one victory now, he still trails Pearson in points, 80-76, unofficially.
Monster Energy Kawasaki's Destry Abbott earned his third straight podium finish with third place on the day and sits third in points with 67, unofficially.
Kawasaki of Simi Valley's Jacob Argubright followed Abbott practically all day, finishing fourth, while Justin Morrow rounded out the top five in his debut aboard a Purvines Racing Honda.

http://promoto.tv/2011H&HRND03.html

Round 4: Caselli Tops Idaho National H&H

This is becoming a pattern..:thumb:

Desert racing is rarely close, but the Rabbitt Creek 100 Jody Schlapia Memorial hosted by Dirt Inc. on March 19 proved to be exceptional. Serving as round four of the AMA Racing/Kenda National Hare & Hound Championship Series, weather made the difference with plenty of rain on several days before the event keeping dust to a minimum and permitting the type of wheel-to-wheel racing usually witnessed only on prepped motocross tracks.
In the end, Kurt Caselli of the FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team proved he wanted it most and made the final pass of the race, thus taking his third-consecutive series victory and, with it, the points lead for the first time.
Caselli_2inside.jpg

"I got out front early, I think [David] Pearson was behind me, Destry [Abbott was behind him, [Jacob] Argubright was in fourth and we basically just swapped positions for the whole race, 100 miles of just back-and-forth, back-and-forth," Caselli exclaimed. "It was awesome!"
That held true for both the riders involved and those watching them. Unlike the usual dusty desert race with several minutes between competitors, the chilly, windy conditions and minimal dust allowed everyone a chance to ride wheel to wheel. In fact, each of the top four spent time in the lead at one time or another, their battle carrying them away from the rest of the field.
"It seemed like it was kind of like Tour de France - everybody was kind of pacing each other [and you] couldn't break away," Monster Energy Kawasaki's Abbott observed.
Naturally, as the miles wound down, the pace intensified, yet it was still anyone's race. But after the final alternate gas pit, Off-road Support/Kawasaki of Simi Valley's Jacob Argubright found himself in a position he'd never been in before: leading a National with Caselli and Abbott seconds behind and Purvines Racing Honda's Pearson trailing them by less than 10 seconds after a body slam when he discovered he'd lost his rear brake on a sharp downhill turn.
"Kurt pressured me and I got a little nervous and he passed me," Argubright admitted. "I couldn't hold [the lead]."
But Argubright's did hold on to a best-to-date runner-up finish, successfully holding off Abbott. Pearson came in for fourth while Concours Auto Body KX450F-mounted Robert Underwood continued his steady improvement this season to claim fifth.
Caselli's third-straight win vaulted him to the top of the points chart for the first time with 106 points, unofficially. Previous leader Pearson drops to second with 98 followed by Abbott's 88 and Argubright's 80. Purvines Racing Honda's Justin Morrow, sixth on the day, sits in fifth with 63 points, unofficially.

Round 5: Caselli Again At Jericho National Hare & Hound

FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing team's Kurt Caselli recorded his fourth straight win in the AMA Racing/Kenda National Hare & Hound Championship in Jericho, Utah, April 9. Caselli pretty much rode alone all day, taking the checkered flag well ahead of the next rider.
Caselli_inside_jer.jpg

Racers were met with snowy conditions, which caused for a shortened second loop.
Purvines Racing Honda's David Pearson finished second, while Monster Energy Kawasaki's Destry Abbott took third ahead of Utah's T.J. Hannifin and Kawasaki rider Jacob Argubright.
Unofficially, rounding out the top 10 overall were Shawn Strong, Ryan Abbatoye, Clay Davies, Robert Underwood and Tuffy Pearson, in that order.