Am I stupid to pass this up?

James

Staff member
The other night I get a text that somebody is selling an 08 kx250f for cheap, ($2,600). At first I was like "Eh, whatever". However after talking with the kid for awhile, I came to realize that the bike is practically in mint condition, but does have some baggage.

He bought it new in 2008 and did some mild riding for half a season, so very low hours. :thumb: But the "baggage" is what scares me, it was stolen the same year he got it (yup red flags are going up). However I guess some time later cops are evicting tenants in the next town over and find it, unfortunately the serial number was filed off. So they ended up storing it in their heated garage for 2+ years until they got a machine that could read filed off serial numbers. Long story short, he got the bike back last year but since he'd already gotten an 09, he never rode it.

A buddy and I went to look at it tonight and it looks/sounds awesome. I'd tear everything completely down just to be sure, but it doesn't need anything.

It's bone stock, heck it's still on the original tires, which still have half of the nipples on them. :shocked:

Some (blurry) pictures:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

And the best part, he said that he'd like $2,500, but would take $2,000. :shocked: :ride:

SRAD97750

Staff member
um... with filed off VIN numbers the bike is completely unregisterable. Unless you have the PINK SLIP IN HAND, in which case there will be no vin inspection.
Are you using it soley at the track? Then great buy. No need for registration.

James

Staff member
um... with filed off VIN numbers the bike is completely unregisterable. Unless you have the PINK SLIP IN HAND, in which case there will be no vin inspection.
Are you using it soley at the track? Then great buy. No need for registration.
Sorry forgot to mention that we don't have to register/title our bikes, only need a bill of sale (and barely that :lol:).

Oh and yes strictly for track.

James

Staff member
Looks pretty dirty..what's up with that?
Just wasn't cleaned right. Well anyways not up to my standards. :smirk:
I like it! Who cares if it was stolen!
Exactly, especially since we don't need to register them etc.

BTW it's currently stored in their unheated garage (it's snowing outside) and it started 3rd kick. :thumb:

Dude, the bike is amazing! I would say go for it, I mean, there's not much loss in it if it run well and has low hours. It's worth it, not many time's a deal like this comes through, think, 3 year newer bike?? eh? eh? ehhhhh?

hell to the motherfucking YES!!!!!!!~

especially since its a track only bike.

Then you can ship your other bike out her to Cali and have your own bike to ride on T-day's.... add another machine to the west coast stable James :P

hell to the motherfucking YES!!!!!!!~

especially since its a track only bike.

Then you can ship your other bike out her to Cali and have your own bike to ride on T-day's.... add another machine to the west coast stable James :P

Same thing he said without the "hell to the motherfucking yes!!!!!!"