Airoh Helmet Strap Bracket Rusting (Failure)

James

Staff member
Wear an Airoh helmet? Go check the metal bracket that holds the chin straps and make sure that they aren't rusted through. I've seen a couple reports of these rusting through and failing. :(

airoh1.jpg

James

Staff member
those are really expensive helmets to be having an issue like that.
Exactly, that's what I find shocking about it. You'd think that they'd use stainless or something.

My moto 8 appears to have stainless steel brackets.

That thing is beat. Is this a fake? lol... Thats some serious corrosion, just to be from sweat. That looks to be burnt and then rusted.

Airoh helmets look sweet! A bunch of the posers on TT ordered them so they could be just like David Knight and Taddy Blazusiak. They are not distributed in the USA as far as I know.l
airoh-cr900-leave-orange.jpg
airoh-cr900-leave-orange.jpg

"It is the skill and devotion of an exceptional team working together that has allowed our products to boast some of the world's highest safety standards and best comfort fits. Each and every one of our products, be it for cross or road, encompasses the commitment of all our staff and collaborators, who all come together, striving for unique perfection."

We now know that not all helmets are 'equal'. Not at all. They may look similar, but simply 'turning it over' in your hands, without actually putting it on will not reveal its pros and cons. So don't do it! Go beyond this. Look at the details. Get specific. Note the care with which each and every part has been assembled. Put it on, try it for a few minutes, there's no rush. Nothing about our helmets has been left to chance! And it is only in the day-in, day-out use that you will note a real sense of safety, one that will capture you, along with the pleasant sensation of general wellbeing."

:thinking: Sounds like the IQC department and R&D Department dropped the ball in this one.