AFX FX-37 Dual Sport Helmet!

Alright so I got a screaming deal on this helmet and thought I would review it as I know it's nice to have some opinions from people who ride with the product. I really wanted a Shoei Hornet DS helmet but at $479 I could get myself to do it. So I thought I would try this AFX FX-37 that seems to be getting some good raves.

Well, let me tell you the fit is great. The look is awesome, kind of like Master Chief from Halo. The field of view is amazing. The visor rocks! DOT approval rating. You can wear glasses or goggles with this helmet. Great ventilation yet still good warmth on the cold. Best of all it was on sale for under a hundred dollars.

Here are a few pics.

SSPX0003.jpgSSPX0002.jpgSSPX0001.jpg

And with the Silver Lens...

helmet01.JPG

helmet02.JPG

I tried one on. I couldn't get it off my head fast enough.

...but if it fits YOUR head that's great. It's definitely a great looking lid.

I got the Joe Rocket version for under $100 too. I wore it to Death Valley and put over 300 mi mostly dirt with some street. Works great. A little distortion from the lower edge of the shield where it is curved. Maybe the same helmet.

I find I don't wear my googles cause I feel like they restrict my vison. One of these may be the cats meow. I may have to check them out.

I find I don't wear my googles cause I feel like they restrict my vison. One of these may be the cats meow. I may have to check them out.

The only issue with that is the lens will fog up quite easy on offroad riding. I think it could be solve by drilling a couple holes in the lower corners of the lens.