After minor fall bike stalled out, won't start again

Seeing as it ran with out oil I would toss about half a quart of oil in it crank it a coulpe times then drain it to see if any metal shavings come out. The bike may not even be worth fixxing if it was heavy damage by having no oil in. I would take the time to see how much damage if any was done due to no oil befor I spent to much time trying to get it to run.

The bike may not even be worth fixxing if it was heavy damage by having no oil in. I would take the time to see how much damage if any was done due to no oil befor I spent to much time trying to get it to run.

What other kind of damage/parts should I look out for? I've got no idea.
Considering there was no oil in it for a couple/few days what engine components could be damaged?

Gee whatever you do don't consider taking the ten minutes to check out the cam and clearances mentioned. Heck, why go check the furthest point away from the oil pump?

Since you seem greener than a gourd, my reference to that above was just so you could see what damages you may have. It's not down in stone, but the point hardest to oil going dry can tell you a lot. If those are unscored the rest has a better chance.

If they are trashed then you decide to ride it till it drops if a clean plug is all it needs or spring for some parts.

I can give you an A for patience.

Last edited:
Gee whatever you do don't consider taking the ten minutes to check out the cam and clearances mentioned. Heck, why go check the furthest point away from the oil pump?

Since you seem greener than a gourd, my reference to that above was just so you could see what damages you may have. It's not down in stone, but the point hardest to oil going dry can tell you a lot. If those are unscored the rest has a better chance.

If they are trashed then you decide to ride it till it drops if a clean plug is all it needs or spring for some parts.

I can give you an A for patience.

Thanks you for being so patient with me :wink:
Yes i am greener than a gourd hence my questions. First year owning any kind of bike and I don't really have time away from work to check it right now so when i can get the time i want to know what I'm looking for. Cheers.

Oh heck, I can't take any praise or credit for patience!! After a few suggestions that go unanswered and the very question you asked addressed before at least twice by me and once by someone else I was fully convinced that you weren't reading and were waiting for something to fall out of the sky, and with great patience:cheers: I might add!

Good luck:rocker: