After Market offroad lights

JAT, I was thinking halogen for a low beam as I occasionally ride street, and as a back-up for the HID, should it fail off-road.

Understood. Thats becoming an old philosophy however.
I've not had a failure of an HID in ... well, something like 10,000+ off-road miles. I'd say, they are pretty solid if using some decent product(s).

If you run both. How are you going to mount those two bulbs (Halogen and HID)?

I have HID and halogen. Having more than one light source is critical. I can't convey in words how much it sucks when your single light goes out for whatever reason. I'm a big believer in multiple light sources. One problem with the Baja Designs shell is how much weight you can mount on it. I have two ballasts and two little 55 watt halogen fog lights. That is really all the weight it can carry. The metal undershell thing that JAT has on his light is a much better solution for the weight. I tried to run one HID in the BD headlight and mount a second HID driving light, but the weight was just too much for the plastic.

I went with a cheapo HID kit and so far I've had good luck (knock on wood). I burned in each ballast and bulb for 100 hours before I put them on my bike. So far so good.

I don't think that I could ever go back to a halogen setup. I used to run 155 watts of halogen lighting and it just doesn't compare to even a standard 35 watt HID. The light is so much better. The HID and Baja Designs headlight reflector combo really work well.

Understood. Thats becoming an old philosophy however.
I've not had a failure of an HID in ... well, something like 10,000+ off-road miles. I'd say, they are pretty solid if using some decent product(s).

If you run both. How are you going to mount those two bulbs (Halogen and HID)?

Still working on that :thinking: ....I tinker with that stuf as time permits. Needless to say, I havent done chit in awhile to it!
I actually threw my dual 100w PIAA (Ricky Stator) set-up on for now. Im going to get metal mount bracket from BD