After market clutch baskets

I could be looking at it in bad light, but I see at least two shifting forks that I would replace while you have it down. It would be so hard not to want to replace 4th and 5th (at least) with ones from a WR 426/450 while I had it down that far. (add three teeth to the back and you have a low gear you can do some better low speed work with and still have about 8 mph more on top end). 5th at the very least.

I could be looking at it in bad light, but I see at least two shifting forks that I would replace while you have it down. It would be so hard not to want to replace 4th and 5th (at least) with ones from a WR 426/450 while I had it down that far. (add three teeth to the back and you have a low gear you can do some better low speed work with and still have about 8 mph more on top end). 5th at the very least.

I like how it allready is but good idea. Yes the shift forks need to be replaced and gears are worn on inside where shift fork was rubbing.

The actual gears look good, all 3 of those forks need to be replaced.
While in there look for worn dogs and replace ALL the c-clips and spacer bushings/washers. Learned that one the hard way. :thumb:

I have yet to have a problem with washers, spacers, and bushings that aren't damaged. When you look at the side to side movement that each shaft had from the factory you get less worried. If you think your bike may benefit from some more careful shimming I would be glad to tell you how I do it.

Take the advice given on the gear dogs.

I have yet to have a problem with washers, spacers, and bushings that aren't damaged. When you look at the side to side movement that each shaft had from the factory you get less worried. If you think your bike may benefit from some more careful shimming I would be glad to tell you how I do it.

Take the advice given on the gear dogs.

those tiny little thin washers I just replace since they are so cheap. $8 and its a piece of mind same with that circlip. If I would have replaced them the 1st time I wouldn't have had to do it the second time... I also do all bearings the 1st time I split a case.... cheap insurance. I would like more info on the gear shimming. That's some good info for the tech page here on DBA :thumb:

those tiny little thin washers I just replace since they are so cheap. $8 and its a piece of mind same with that circlip. If I would have replaced them the 1st time I wouldn't have had to do it the second time... I also do all bearings the 1st time I split a case.... cheap insurance. I would like more info on the gear shimming. That's some good info for the tech page here on DBA :thumb:

Also getting new crank bearings and seals. Is the yz 250 cylinder nikasiled? I am not doing tear down, not sure if i said that before. Its at a shop out of town.