Amatuer Adrenaline

Just recently, I had to post a reply to a topic on my school's forum called MOODLE, and as one of the questions for the assignment was to post a reply to my teacher's question, "Why are extreme sports most popular?" I replied with adrenaline from riding and hammerin' through the gears. Now here's my question. WHAT ARE YOUR ADRENALINE RUSHES LIKE ON A BIKE? :rider:

Here's my answer to my teachers question,
Me, as a dirt bike rider just like my father<M33>, it's not really about going crazy ALL the time, for my dad, "riding" calms him down and it helps him release the stress that he gets from work, and it's true that not many people do it, but the extreme sports are ALL. ABOUT. ADRENALINE. In dirt bike riding, adrenaline comes from passing other people on the track, making it through a rough spot, or a pile up, doing a jump in mid-air, screaming at the top of your lungs like you're an insane adrenaline junkie. For me it's going 40 mph down a muddy straightaway, hammering through each gear every 3-4 seconds, simply because the engine won't rev any higher, and hitting a giant jump and clearing it by a pretty good 20 feet or so. This is when I say it's all about adrenaline, and this is from personal experience, your heart pumping and everything, then, everything snaps. Everything starts to blur around you, and you only hear the engine of the bike, like its an extension of your body, your nerves connecting to the bike's nerves with a massive spark. Everything slows down to a a mere crawl, but time, is still at the same speed, your eyes become high speed cameras, with increasing frame rates at every beat of the heart. The engine begins to strain itself at the top of 4th gear, you want to go faster but you can't. That's when the adrenaline runs down to the legs, like it's tripping the nerves, jerking your left foot up, changing gears faster than you can blink, and the engine relaxes for a brief millisecond, followed by the roar of the extra fuel and air rushing into the carburetor, then into the space between the piston and cylinder head, that is ignited and then burned, at over a thousand times per second. The engine revs out to top revs, and you go to shift up, with an electrifying jolt, you try to change gears, the shifter is stuck. That is when you realize you are at the top of 5th gear and you can go no more, it is the end of the long straightaway. And you have to back the bike down to 2nd, slam on the brakes and lean over for the turn. This adrenaline rush is one of the best feelings in the world. There is no other like it. And it is this adrenaline rush is what makes extreme sports so popular among so many. This post gets me fired up and ready to go just by talking about it. I am literally shaking right now from the adrenaline it's so powerful.

Here's my answer to my teachers question,
Me, as a dirt bike rider just like my father<M33>, it's not really about going crazy ALL the time, for my dad, "riding" calms him down and it helps him release the stress that he gets from work, and it's true that not many people do it, but the extreme sports are ALL. ABOUT. ADRENALINE. In dirt bike riding, adrenaline comes from passing other people on the track, making it through a rough spot, or a pile up, doing a jump in mid-air, screaming at the top of your lungs like you're an insane adrenaline junkie. For me it's going 40 mph down a muddy straightaway, hammering through each gear every 3-4 seconds, simply because the engine won't rev any higher, and hitting a giant jump and clearing it by a pretty good 20 feet or so. This is when I say it's all about adrenaline, and this is from personal experience, your heart pumping and everything, then, everything snaps. Everything starts to blur around you, and you only hear the engine of the bike, like its an extension of your body, your nerves connecting to the bike's nerves with a massive spark. Everything slows down to a a mere crawl, but time, is still at the same speed, your eyes become high speed cameras, with increasing frame rates at every beat of the heart. The engine begins to strain itself at the top of 4th gear, you want to go faster but you can't. That's when the adrenaline runs down to the legs, like it's tripping the nerves, jerking your left foot up, changing gears faster than you can blink, and the engine relaxes for a brief millisecond, followed by the roar of the extra fuel and air rushing into the carburetor, then into the space between the piston and cylinder head, that is ignited and then burned, at over a thousand times per second. The engine revs out to top revs, and you go to shift up, with an electrifying jolt, you try to change gears, the shifter is stuck. That is when you realize you are at the top of 5th gear and you can go no more, it is the end of the long straightaway. And you have to back the bike down to 2nd, slam on the brakes and lean over for the turn. This adrenaline rush is one of the best feelings in the world. There is no other like it. And it is this adrenaline rush is what makes extreme sports so popular among so many. This post gets me fired up and ready to go just by talking about it. I am literally shaking right now from the adrenaline it's so powerful.
Awesome write-up Hollywood! :thumb: I do believe you may have a career in journalism if you feel so inclined. Oh and by the way, I had a bit of an adrenaline rush the other night - knowing that he would often leave his wallet in his car, I had just picked the lock on my next door neighbor's car at 3a.m. When all of a sudden I hear, "what the frick are you doing?" Fortunately, I'm not the panicky type despite the 12 cc's of adrenaline that were coursing through my veins at that point. I say, "I'm pretty sure I lost one of my contacts in your glovebox." He says, "oh Natch, it's just you - I thought it was someone up to no good, good night." I'm proud to say I found $75 in that glove box that night. Oh and, getting back to the point of this story, I also ran 17 miles in 32 minutes that night!
You're welcome for this insightful and informative post :thumb:

James

Staff member
I don't really get a rush on jumps, it's all in the corners. Nothing gets you going more then coming into a corner fast enough that you don't have a choice but to lay her over.

BTW Luke at first I thought I was reading the dirt bike edition of Penthouse. :lol:

I don't really get a rush on jumps, it's all in the corners. Nothing gets you going more then coming into a corner fast enough that you don't have a choice but to lay her over.

BTW Luke at first I thought I was reading the dirt bike edition of Penthouse. :lol:
:picard: go ride flat track :lol: