450F A Troubled Transmission

SRAD97750

Staff member
the guy was concerned about a leaking gasket, not the noise that sounded like rocks in a washing machine?
He picked this bike up a few weeks back for $1000. Actually ran great and he claims it only made a light 'clunk' noise "when shifting from 1st-2nd gear."
Now he knows why it was $1000 for a bike with a fresh top/bottom end!!!

I set him up for $400 including parts for the fresh trans rollers. -BIG DAN:thumb:

He picked this bike up a few weeks back for $1000. Actually ran great and he claims it only made a light 'clunk' noise "when shifting from 1st-2nd gear."
Now he knows why it was $1000 for a bike with a fresh top/bottom end!!!

I set him up for $400 including parts for the fresh trans rollers. -BIG DAN:thumb:

1400 isn't bad for that bike in that condition. I'm trying to figure how the bike went together like that while the p.o. Had the cases apart for the bottom end work. Either pretty shady, or just plain stoopid.....I think I'm going with shady.

No rock is left unturned in the endless search for the cheapest OEM prices... Makes it easier to mark the parts up higher.
I probably spent $100 or less on the parts.:wink:-BIG DAN
I just get them (OEM) from rmatv/mc or motosport and call it a day. Depends on if they are in stock also. There is OC Bearing down by me but I have only used them once. Good price, right sizes, hate sales tax... Eff this state! :P