A Sunday Ride

Last minute decisions and we headed up to our favorite spot again. The weather was 70, clear and slight breeze. It was our usual group, my buddies, their kids and mine. We took a ride back to the petroglyphs where my son decided to hit a rock and get a flat on the front. Had no fix it kits on the trail so he and I headed back to the truck. The longest and slowest 15 miles I have ever ridden. Got back, ate lunch and fixed the flat. We went out for another ride and headed north east into some areas that have not been ridden on in months or more, grass growing over the trails and bushes encroaching into the path. We also came across the Tonka Town that was posted up here a little while ago. No pictures as it would be the same as before but I just had to tell you all what a great day of riding it was for a Sunday in the desert and we were able to rack up 90 miles, flat and all. There were a lot of wild colorful flowers out in bloom as well which makes for some nice riding.

Sounds like you had fun. Best time of year for riding the dez, not too hot, not too cold, and long days.
Supposed to be in the low 80's this weekend, hmmm.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Never any pics from you. Just enchanting tales of desert treks and mishaps solved in merry time. Thumbs up to you my friend. :thumb: Thumbs up to you. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Not true about the pics. I posted up a few good ones when I went riding with Palmer a few weeks ago. He said I was off the hook at that point. :P
Never any pics from you. Just enchanting tales of desert treks and mishaps solved in merry time. Thumbs up to you my friend. :thumb: Thumbs up to you. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I havent been to the desert yet to see those wildflowers blooming this year. My last trip was Ocotillo in the end of Dec.. 90 miles is a good bunch. Even if you did have to fix a flat! Glad you got out and enjoyed yourself:thumb:

TSP.gif

:lol: Nice Report. Sounds like a great time.

Would one of you that knows the location of Tonka Town mind putting up GPS coords? I ride that area regularly, but haven't stumbled across Tonka Town yet. For those who want to keep it SSS, you can always PM me. It's Area 52 in TT Speak.....

Would one of you that knows the location of Tonka Town mind putting up GPS coords? I ride that area regularly, but haven't stumbled across Tonka Town yet. For those who want to keep it SSS, you can always PM me. It's Area 52 in TT Speak.....

I've stumbled onto once, but doubt that I could go directly back to it again. I don't have a GPS:sorry:
Area 52 is a good name. Calling it by it's real name makes it to easy to find. :thumb:

I have a hard enough time taking pictures with a camera let alone a gps gizmo. I can tell you this, it is west of the main road. :smirk: I could get there again after hitting a few trails to remember where it was. :thinking: