A long way down...

That would absolutely suck! It was so his fault though for speeding up like he did there. :shocked:

I found this on the guys youtube site with more info.

Rim trail in McInnis Canyon/Rabbit Valley Colorado/Utah. My skid plate clipped a rock on the left side of the trail which then sent my wheels to the right where the cliff edge was only 10 feet to the right of the trail. I bailed as soon as I could, sliding off the bike, ending up just a few feet away from joining my bike over the edge. The cliff it went off was three stepped, the first verticle section was about 30 feet down to the next small ledge then another 10 or maybe 15 feet where the bike stopped, then the last section was low angle 10 feet or about. We left the bike there for the night and rode two-up for the 6 miles back to the car. We came back the next day prepared. We had over 100 feet of tow line, climbing harness, a hand winch. We didn't know what was going to be the best way to get the bike out...up or further down. We ended up lowering the bike down the last ledge and walked it out the horseshoe canyon to the next trail where we could get the jeep to pick it up.
The bike amazingly had only a broken clutch lever and a smashed left foot peg! The front forks were perfect, the plastics were perfect, the frame, exhaust, handlebars, seat everything was in great shape!!!

That would absolutely suck! It was so his fault though for speeding up like he did there. :shocked:

I found this on the guys youtube site with more info.

Rim trail in McInnis Canyon/Rabbit Valley Colorado/Utah. My skid plate clipped a rock on the left side of the trail which then sent my wheels to the right where the cliff edge was only 10 feet to the right of the trail. I bailed as soon as I could, sliding off the bike, ending up just a few feet away from joining my bike over the edge. The cliff it went off was three stepped, the first verticle section was about 30 feet down to the next small ledge then another 10 or maybe 15 feet where the bike stopped, then the last section was low angle 10 feet or about. We left the bike there for the night and rode two-up for the 6 miles back to the car. We came back the next day prepared. We had over 100 feet of tow line, climbing harness, a hand winch. We didn't know what was going to be the best way to get the bike out...up or further down. We ended up lowering the bike down the last ledge and walked it out the horseshoe canyon to the next trail where we could get the jeep to pick it up.
The bike amazingly had only a broken clutch lever and a smashed left foot peg! The front forks were perfect, the plastics were perfect, the frame, exhaust, handlebars, seat everything was in great shape!!!

that part right there is AMAZING.

The bike amazingly had only a broken clutch lever and a smashed left foot peg! The front forks were perfect, the plastics were perfect, the frame, exhaust, handlebars, seat everything was in great shape!!! My shorts however, weren't so lucky.

I fixed it for ya Rock. :thumb:

WOW! YIKES!:shocked:
I hit a rock in the LPNF once where I lost balance and leaned into the Mt. trying to keep from going over the edge. Fortunately the bike got caught on a bush just a few feet down. That is some scary sheit right there. A smooth line on a ledge is one thing, put some obstacles on it and suddenly it is a whole new ride and rush. I dont like difficult obstacles on ledges. There is a tree that sticks out on a LPNF trail that I stop at, get my handle bar around it and then slowly take off again. I wonder how many have clipped that same tree and gone over? I just dont trust my ability to get around it without stopping.

That is some amazing footage Timoys:thumb:

An idiom comes to mind

There but for the grace of God go I.

I have been on so many cliffs with a trail cut into them that I can't possibly remember them all. A lot of them were considerably worse that that trail. All it takes is one mistake and, well, I'd rather not think about that. Actually the challenge is part of the sport. I figure that I'm not riding unless I question my sanity from time to time.

An idiom comes to mind

There but for the grace of God go I.

I have been on so many cliffs with a trail cut into them that I can't possibly remember them all. A lot of them were considerably worse that that trail. All it takes is one mistake and, well, I'd rather not think about that. Actually the challenge is part of the sport. I figure that I'm not riding unless I question my sanity from time to time.

I wonder if Rack feels that way when I mean IF he shifts into 4th.....?:thinking: I now I'm testing fate just by loading my truck...:foul:...

I wonder if Rack feels that way when I mean IF he shifts into 4th.....?:thinking: I now I'm testing fate just by loading my truck...:foul:...

The one time I hit fourth I :puke:

Since then 2nd gear it has been. I am fortunate, look what happened to slowmam when he clicked it into 2nd.