250 89 yz250 problems

Hey guys and girls. Bought my bike not long ago. Gave 700 bucks for it. Test rode it once and I was hooked. Anyways.rear shock was like a pogo stick so I tore it apart. Come to find out the guy I purchased it from ha been in it befor and didn't reinstall the bump stop. Long story short its Shot. Can't get rebuild parts for it. Was wondering if a 03 yz shock will work. I accidentally bought one today on eBay for 40 bucks. Maybe I can swap bottom shock mount with the 89 shock and be good to go. Any advice? Kinda stuck till I get new swing are bearings and linkage bearings. Also found a complete linkage with bolts due to mine is wallered out and bolt is stuck pretty good. Will have to torch it out. Thanks again ppl of DBA

that bike looks like someone else has put it through its paces. Its cool that you are fixing it up. Im sure with a grinder and drill you could make the 03 shock work, might just take some thunkin'.

It needs a little love. Sat in a garage for many years. My neighbor up the street had it for almost 23 yrs.I figure ill ride it till it blows then go completely through it. For now its just getting it to go back together and be reliable and most importantly, Safe.:cripple: Front caliper leaks, front tire has good meats but severely dry rotted. The :moon: needs serious attention and a complete over haul. :thumb:

Anybody home?^? Now keep in mind that iv owned this bike now for a little over a month and have put 8 hrs on so far. Seemed a little doggy on bottom and not too much over rev. Was out in the garage on my night off an was going to check it out and maybe clean it????? SUPRISE!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 16
Free microfiche access for your bike on CMSNL.com with a list of all part numbers by sub assembly!
Use cmsnl.com and PARTZILLA.com together for cross reference and full list of bikes the parts were fitted to and availability state side as cms are in the Netherlands!
And there is always eBay but beware beware beware I put £6K in to an 89 Honda so make a firm decision on how far you're gonna go with it and stick to it or as P841 said above Run far and fast!!!!!

The bike runs good and is very fast. It's been bored .020 over. Great throttle response but seems there shoul be more low end then there is. I can get just about everything I need to get the bike back to its prime for pretty cheap. Ill still be under 1600 bucks and That's including what I already have in it. Motor is very sound. No clinks or clunks or pings. The only leaky part is the front caliper. It's a good learning experience and gets me off the couch. Ill make DBA proud I promises. Haha

OK, so let me get this strait, you pulled the power valve assembly apart, stuck you finger in the hole and asked WTF? Nothing wrong, clean it all up and get a FWW if you want to lug around in 1-2 gear. I put a 9oz in my 02 YZ250 and she lugs way down and pops at the top nice. :prof:

No. I bought the bike.. Ride it a few times for 3 hrs at a time. Come home to redo shock and swing arm... Waiting on parts... Decided to see how dirty power valve was and clean it and there isn't one to be cleaned... ??? Guess the previous owner didnt think he needed it?? Idk I'm boggled as to how the damn thing runs as good as it does with nothing there blocking off the valve linkage and sucking tranny oil up through there.