70 mi dual sport Bass lake and Miami

Wife and I headed out yesterday at 8am, took about an hour to get there, parked at a friends house at Bass lake. We did a a trail at Bass and I took a wrong turn which put us on a hiking only trial. I didnt know it til we dumped out in the parking lot and then I knew where we were.Man that trail was sweet single track with no ruts, whoops, etc. Luckily we didnt have to rip any dirt to do the trail and didnt see anyone on it or in the lot.

We then headed over to Miami by pavement. Saw some folks we knew and chatted for a bit at Kamook staging area. We then rode Shady and Powerline to close to Fishcamp. Lots of downed trees across the trails and some patches of snow. Then headed over to find the BLT trail, but first took a wrong entry and found it dead ended with several huge down trees blocking it. I got hung up going down the trail with a stick thru my front wheel. On the way back up wife got stuck in same place. I heard her revving the bike wide open a few times and went back and got her unstuck. Her battery got weak as the bike got hot and she had to kick while holding the button down to get it to fire. OOHHH NOOOO!!! Kick starting a bike!!! We then found the correct entrance to BLT and went downhill on it. Quite a few trees down, some mud, etc. Wifes bike is shortened 1.5" and she got hung up in one rut with the pegs dragging. She stood up on the ground while straddling the bike and that unweighted it enuf for the tire to bite and pull her out and we were moving again.

Next we headed over to Central Camp area and rode the first leg of 007 trail. It was much drier here than at Miami. I was told the trail was open for all for legs of it and passable, but this was my first ride since surgery and didnt want to push it and have to get me and my wife unstuck if we got hung up any where. We then took a road around the head of the lake to Millers restaurant and had a cheese burger and the best home made style onion rings you ever had.

We got back to the friends house, loaded up, chatted a bit and home by 4pm. Not too sore this morning. It was all good. No pics this time. My helmet cam mount was ripped off the helmet and is gone so luckily I didnt have the cam on there or it too would be gone.

This thread is :lame: without pics.

:thumb: Nice write up Mike in Fresno.

I used to have a aunt and uncle who owned a lumber yard up there right next to a bar, Can't remenber what town though. All the Hells angels used to do a big ride on Memorial day and stop at the bar there and camp at Bass Lake. Had some great Trout fishing at bass lake. My Aunt had a freind who had some Property there with a creek and water fall running right through their back yard that had Brown Trout in it. Awesome times as a kid!:thumb:

Edit your post TWS this was posted by Mike in Fresno!

:thumb: Nice write up Rack.

I used to have a aunt and uncle who owned a lumber yard up there right next to a bar, Can't remenber what town though. All the Hells angels used to do a big ride on Memorial day and stop at the bar there and camp at Bass Lake. Had some great Trout fishing at bass lake. My Aunt had a freind who had some Property there with a creek and water fall running right through their back yard that had Brown Trout in it. Awesome times as a kid!:thumb:

:thumb: Nice write up Mike in Fresno.

Must have been the Oakhurst sawmill. I was up there most holidays with my family in the mid to late 60's and remember the Hell's Angels riding through the campgrounds. The rangers put them all back in Willow Cove to keep them away from everyone else. Still have the 1969 Honda Trail 90 I rode the logging roads on ... :thumb::ride: