6 years

since the last time I rode a 2 stroke, a borrowed 03 YZ125. That is until this weekend, had the chance to ride a long time buddies 08(ish) YZ250 for a good 15 miles at the pre ride for a race.

Now, as pointless as it may seem, I'm going to offer my thoughts on it.
First off, the little bike books, its not as fast as my 450, but it is fast. Its really light, and corners very well, in fact, after about 5 miles I was holding it wide open after the apex of the corners, tons of fun, didn't require too much clutch work, the suspension didn't seem to work as good as the fo fiddy, and it was deff harder to ride through sand whoops and what not, both because the motor got lugged down, and it wore me out a lot quicker than the KX, or the other 4 strokes do.

Am I going to put the kx on CL and try to buy a yz250?

Nope. I love my KX

Do I like the YZ250 enough that I want one?
Yup.

since the last time I rode a 2 stroke, a borrowed 03 YZ125. That is until this weekend, had the chance to ride a long time buddies 08(ish) YZ250 for a good 15 miles at the pre ride for a race.

Now, as pointless as it may seem, I'm going to offer my thoughts on it.
First off, the little bike books, its not as fast as my 450, but it is fast. Its really light, and corners very well, in fact, after about 5 miles I was holding it wide open after the apex of the corners, tons of fun, didn't require too much clutch work, the suspension didn't seem to work as good as the fo fiddy, and it was deff harder to ride through sand whoops and what not, both because the motor got lugged down, and it wore me out a lot quicker than the KX, or the other 4 strokes do.

Am I going to put the kx on CL and try to buy a yz250?

Nope. I love my KX

Do I like the YZ250 enough that I want one?

Yup.

I thought the main reason the Internet existed was to have a place where pointless thoughts could be displayed....However nobody on the 2t side of the fence will convince me that thumpers are not easier to ride and I'm sure easier to win on for the reasons you stated your 450 was faster, but they will never be more fun to ride than a smoker, imo anyways.

I thought the main reason the Internet existed was to have a place where pointless thoughts could be displayed....However nobody on the 2t side of the fence will convince me that thumpers are not easier to ride and I'm sure easier to win on for the reasons you stated your 450 was faster, but they will never be more fun to ride than a smoker, imo anyways.
I'm still trying to come up with a good analogy, both are fun to me.

450's from the last 5yrs are untouchable. Same goes for the 250F's.
My kids stock rmz250 is faster than my semi modded rm250. If I were to dump another $1000 into my motor I might be able to match it.

08(ish) not sure what an (ish) is! It is or it is not. One thing for sure is it bad the Aluminum frame and the SSS. With that said, that is great suspenders, not set up for you (unless you and to doner are the same weight/size). Saturday my son and I raced down a fire road, his 02 250 and my 12 498 (520RS Beta) that damn little bike is fast to 5th but stroke me 4 takes top end. As far as trying to keep up with him and how his 2fiddy reacts with him on it, all I can say is wholey mohley! I used to watch him from the back dance all over the whoops, now he just glides through them and his FAF! Both my boys rode the aluminum frame at the track and said it was not as sweet as the steel they ride weekly. Reason I restore the steely, more people like them and you can transfer the SSS on them with minimum modification.
YZ 250.... Hell yes!

08(ish) not sure what an (ish) is! It is or it is not. One thing for sure is it bad the Aluminum frame and the SSS. With that said, that is great suspenders, not set up for you (unless you and to doner are the same weight/size). Saturday my son and I raced down a fire road, his 02 250 and my 12 498 (520RS Beta) that damn little bike is fast to 5th but stroke me 4 takes top end. As far as trying to keep up with him and how his 2fiddy reacts with him on it, all I can say is wholey mohley! I used to watch him from the back dance all over the whoops, now he just glides through them and his FAF! Both my boys rode the aluminum frame at the track and said it was not as sweet as the steel they ride weekly. Reason I restore the steely, more people like them and you can transfer the SSS on them with minimum modification.
YZ 250.... Hell yes!
He bought 2 YZ250's, an 05 and an 08 that had the rod visible without removing the jug.
He took the suspension of the 08 and put it on the 05.

There were a couple things I didn't post about, simply because they were things I would change if it were my bike, like the seat being too low and the bars too high for me to be comfortable, I could probably take the bounce out of the rear shock with just the clickers, things that didn't feel right that I would change just in initial bike set up are not things I posted in the original.

On the 4 strokes I prefer the Aluminum frame, kinda figured I'd like the al YZ over the steelie too.

He bought 2 YZ250's, an 05 and an 08 that had the rod visible without removing the jug.
He took the suspension of the 08 and put it on the 05.

There were a couple things I didn't post about, simply because they were things I would change if it were my bike, like the seat being too low and the bars too high for me to be comfortable, I could probably take the bounce out of the rear shock with just the clickers, things that didn't feel right that I would change just in initial bike set up are not things I posted in the original.

On the 4 strokes I prefer the Aluminum frame, kinda figured I'd like the al YZ over the steelie too.
I think you would find the aluminum frame over the steel YZ's to ridged. The steel has a flex to it, and I guess you can feel the difference. I can't, I'm only a backyard basher!

Hell yes @Mihylo33 , if the RM wasn't a dead breed it might be worth pumping blood back into it. Sorry, it's dead like the Husqvarna of yesteryear!
Parts are becoming harder to find all the time!

450's from the last 5yrs are untouchable. Same goes for the 250F's.
My kids stock rmz250 is faster than my semi modded rm250. If I were to dump another $1000 into my motor I might be able to match it.
your nuking futs. No way that turd is faster than my RM!! You better get your shit looked at son. Even Clays eye's are :shocked: after he gets off mine. My bike fells like its trying to rips your arms out the socket compared to his RMZ.