6/16/10 At Barona Oaks Motocross Track

wife came out to the track to snap a couple pics of me for my third trip to Barona Oaks MX -- Home of Champions.

First thing i did was go and try this "vet" track they have but its in horrible condition. I was going into a berm and i was not on the tank enough + my front tire went real high on the berm and i washed out... took my first dirt nap on a track and bruised the fuck out of the palm of my hand... OUCH... Then i said fuck it and went on the main track for the rest of the day.

A real cool lady who parked next to me started to give me some advice and i learned she runs a dirt bike training class. She was also was pretty good. I watched her clear the biggest double at the track. She gave me some advice and talked me into trying a mellow double that i never thought of even trying cause its so close to a berm. Took me a while of her telling me what i was doing wrong but i finally did clear it.
2m6ubsh.jpg

here is me casing it tho :doh:
2dc8s3t.jpg
a
in 3rd going for the table top that i had my mind set on clearing today.
af7n8z.jpg

weeeeeeeeeee but i was no where near clearing it.
14jstuq.jpg

The lady i met also informed me I'm not up on my tank enough when in the berms so i started to focus on that and i am still slow but getting the hang of it a lot more.
i2u2yd.jpg

My BMX riding days has me naturally thinking "if i lean forward im gonna endo" so i keep hanging my ass off the back. This is my main goal for my next trip out to the track. DO NOT LEAN BACK!!!!
2znokls.jpg

161zsxs.jpg

2hmeb2q.jpg

i need to cut this shit out ... but those few times when i go front nose heavy just makes my natural instinct say "lean back dumb ass" i got to work on fighting that urge.

well i know its not a cool waterfall extraction RR but i had a great time and with a little encouragement from rack and james i decided to make this RR..... as always im like a sponge any advice given to me to make me a better rider is soaked up.

keepin the rubber side down... for now at least :P

Thanks for sharing Trav! You sure got a nice butt!:lol: Don't worry my style woundn't be any better but I never leave the ground unless I'm crashing.:lol:
Was the Lady Hotttttt ?:P
Your Roosted.:thumb:

Thanks for sharing Trav! You sure got a nice butt!:lol: Don't worry my style woundn't be any better but I never leave the ground unless I'm crashing.:lol:
Was the Lady Hotttttt ?:P
Your Roosted.:thumb:

she was nice on the eyes but i wasnt even thinking about that. Funny thing tho she had the exact same pants i just got yesterday for 50 bucks at ECC. except in a way smaller size :P

her attatude was hot tho... a chick rider who knew wtf she was doing... :thumb: in my book. I mentioned the site to her so maybe she will join up. I was gonna plug her site for training people how to ride on dirt... not tracks just for people who have no clue what to do on a dirt bike. I might actually sign my wife up... she supplys all the gear and the bike so if my wife is not into it i didnt waste a bunch of money on gear and a bike the wife wont use.