250 vs. 450

One thing I really noticed is the 450's constantly spinning. Like they had too much torque. Like cleonard said if they had traction they had lots of go. It seemed that since my bike wasn't hitting as hard it kept traction were they would break loose and spin. What good is all that power if she won't hook up? I always had the idea I would get a 450 cause more power was always better and you didn't have to use it but now I wonder if I should stay on the 250 and just give it a few mods. :thinking:

You've got to moderate the power put to the ground with the throttle and the clutch. No matter what you ride you can't just pin it and expect it to hook up, clutch work keeps you from spinning out or worse, looping the bike.

So there you have it. Your buddies are roughly 200# and 180 which qualifies them to be on a 450. The 180 guy would be fine on a 250 though. I am 215 at 6'3" so I would be taxing a 250 WR. I did some added motor tuning to my YZ250 and it pulls me around alright, but a 2 stroke 250 would leave a 250 4 stroke all day.

As for the extra 12lbs, depending on weight distribution and after a long day on the trails, that 12 lbs could make a difference to a small framed person..

CDA...with your rough calculations I should be riding a KTM adventure 950 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: or a stripped down sportster.......

Oh, and Bryce...150# what are you...12? :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: I weighed that once............:ride:

CDA...with your rough calculations I should be riding a KTM adventure 950 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: or a stripped down sportster.......

Oh, and Bryce...150# what are you...12? :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: I weighed that once............:ride:

Just Lean and Mean! I like it that way. I'm not big but I can ride allllllllllllllll day long. My bigger friends are growing tired while I just get warmed up. :smirk: