should snowflake solo the mint 400

• yes

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SRAD97750

Staff member
It was 4:20am and Timo and I finished our searing desert approach, rubber and exhaust hot from the highway. We had business to attend.
As the smoke cleared, a text to pando read, "your hot boi delivery has arrived."

We gathered our adhesive badges and applied to windshields cleaned with spit rags to provoke the mindless bastards to open the gates and let us through. Off to Pit B Timo has poochie to talk to, and the open desert for his thoughts.

Pando and the hamburgler approach a vacant denny's. Eggs and jalapenos was all he commanded inward, mostly the latter.

Main pits were a buzz, and open, across from top competing monsterous vanagans with children and hootchies and two stroke fumes. My delight.

DSC_0455.JPG

DSC_0456.JPG

DSC_0457.JPG

DSC_0460.JPG

DSC_0461.JPG

DSC_0465.JPG

DSC_0466.JPG

DSC_0467.JPG

DSC_0468.JPG

DSC_0463.JPG

Lap one Pit B (55mi) Timo's text reads "Gas and Gone."
He shows up to Main (80mi) to start lap 2 and he's "Gas and Gone."
Lap 2 Pit B (135mi) Timo reports he had a gatorade but in good spirits. Bike was functioning properly.

Main pit (160mi) Pando comes in hollering that "it was sketchier to ride than it looks." He shows me the bars are totally loose. Not connected to the triple clamp on the throttle side any longer.
Holy Shit.
We find the only socket that fits the application, and apply all 300lbs of me to the bars and it seems to take a few threads and goes what looked "tight." Should have used zipties also. Heat of the moment, I guess.
Fuel, piss, and a water. He's gone back into the desert. Later reports the bars didn't last 1 mile. Rode from Pit B to pit B nearly 80 miles with no handlebars.

Reports that he got timed down at pit B (215mi) on lap 3 was a hard hit to all of us, as I knew he would have ridden it no matter the condition if they had let him.
I know the feeling, some of you may know I'll ride it with a 1/4 extension holding in the subframe (timo) or 90* drift a rear flat for 25+ miles to not ruin a ride with friends (travace).

This video has 4 random clips I had from the main pits across from HRC and a few other random teams.
https://youtu.be/fhQS10jK8gA
JRC Honda performs a 7 second pit/rider change. Lap one they changed a rear wheel in under a minute.
Amateur teams with dry breaks keep it around 20 seconds.
Team panda was probably sub 1 minute each stop.

It was an enormous effort and a huge distance. If not for major hardware failure I believe Sean would have placed very nicely. Very cool to be able to help. I just enjoyed being in the pits. Great Job Sean! -BIG DAN:thumb:

It was 4:20am and Timo and I finished our searing desert approach, rubber and exhaust hot from the highway. We had business to attend.
As the smoke cleared, a text to pando read, "your hot boi delivery has arrived."

We gathered our adhesive badges and applied to windshields cleaned with spit rags to provoke the mindless bastards to open the gates and let us through. Off to Pit B Timo has poochie to talk to, and the open desert for his thoughts.

Pando and the hamburgler approach a vacant denny's. Eggs and jalapenos was all he commanded inward, mostly the latter.

Main pits were a buzz, and open, across from top competing monsterous vanagans with children and hootchies and two stroke fumes. My delight.

View attachment 32395

View attachment 32396

View attachment 32397

View attachment 32398

View attachment 32399

View attachment 32400

View attachment 32401

View attachment 32402

View attachment 32403

View attachment 32404

Lap one Pit B (55mi) Timo's text reads "Gas and Gone."
He shows up to Main (80mi) to start lap 2 and he's "Gas and Gone."
Lap 2 Pit B (135mi) Timo reports he had a gatorade but in good spirits. Bike was functioning properly.

Main pit (160mi) Pando comes in hollering that "it was sketchier to ride than it looks." He shows me the bars are totally loose. Not connected to the triple clamp on the throttle side any longer.
Holy Shit.
We find the only socket that fits the application, and apply all 300lbs of me to the bars and it seems to take a few threads and goes what looked "tight." Should have used zipties also. Heat of the moment, I guess.
Fuel, piss, and a water. He's gone back into the desert. Later reports the bars didn't last 1 mile. Rode from Pit B to pit B nearly 80 miles with no handlebars.

Reports that he got timed down at pit B (215mi) on lap 3 was a hard hit to all of us, as I knew he would have ridden it no matter the condition if they had let him.
I know the feeling, some of you may know I'll ride it with a 1/4 extension holding in the subframe (timo) or 90* drift a rear flat for 25+ miles to not ruin a ride with friends (travace).

This video has 4 random clips I had from the main pits across from HRC and a few other random teams.
https://youtu.be/fhQS10jK8gA
JRC Honda performs a 7 second pit/rider change. Lap one they changed a rear wheel in under a minute.
Amateur teams with dry breaks keep it around 20 seconds.
Team panda was probably sub 1 minute each stop.

It was an enormous effort and a huge distance. If not for major hardware failure I believe Sean would have placed very nicely. Very cool to be able to help. I just enjoyed being in the pits. Great Job Sean! -BIG DAN:thumb:

Nice write up Danno:thumb:
It’s a familiar style Gonzo. :thinking: