250F 2013 KX250F

James

Staff member
2013 KX250F 3.jpg

2013 KX250F.jpg

Not sure how I like the black rear fender, looks like Honda and Kawasaki are both doing it.

Biggest changes that I could see are:
  • Frame is 4mm narrower across the main spars.
  • Exhaust header is 30mm shorter [for increased performance] and now has a resonator chamber [to help enhance low-end power and reduce noise].
  • Muffler is 30mm shorter and has a 12.5mm larger cross section [help centralize mass].
  • Compression ratio went from 13.5:1 (2012) to 13.8:1 (2013)
  • Rake/Trail went from 28.2 degrees / 4.7 in. (2012) to 8.7 degrees / 5.0 in. (2013)
  • The Digital Fuel injection (DFI®) system now comes with three pre-programmed ignition maps, simply swap out the module.
    • Standard, hard (terrain) and soft (terrain) modules included.
  • New fender and front number plate designs.
The new ignition mapping module.
2013 KX250F Mapping.jpg

Shorter muffler/exhaust.
2013 KX250F Muffler.jpg
2013 KX250F 2.jpg

James

Staff member
Full 2013 KX250f Specs

At a glance…
• Upgraded Showa Separate Function Fork (SFF) provides more progressive damping force and features larger-diameter 48mm inner fork tubes for improved rigidity and less stiction
• Dual injector Digital Fuel Injection system
• More robust high-rpm engine output extends deep into the overrev
• Stronger engine components improve reliability

High-Revving, High Performance Engine
• 249cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, four-valve, single-cylinder DOHC engine delivers hard-hitting power across the rpm range
• Nickel plating on the cylinder wall has a high adhesion factor for optimum durability
• Thick-stem connecting rod resists flex and enhances durability
• Thick crank web design features a balance factor on par with the factory racers to help minimize engine vibration, provide smooth power delivery and maximize performance in the mid-high rpm range

Digital Fuel Injection (DFI) System
• Revised intake tract provides a straighter shot into the combustion chamber for more direct airflow from the airbox into the combustion chamber
• Seal between air inlet port and throttle position sensor unit on the 43mm throttle body protects TPS sensor from fuel penetration
• Progressive throttle linkage opens more quickly after 3/8 open position
• Simple and efficient system: No battery, fuses or relays
• Sharp and precise engine response across entire rpm range
• Offers easy engine starting
• Helps prevent engine hesitation after landing from jumps and other high-impact situations

Bridged Box-Bottom Piston
• Revised piston profile helps increase reliability
• Light and strong piston shares same design as the factory racers, and a tin plating to optimize its interface with the nickel plating on the cylinder wall
• Special finish improves surface lubrication and wear resistance
• Short piston pin reduces reciprocating weight

Lightweight and Efficient Top End
• Stronger intake valve seat material offers increased durability
• Ultra-light valves have extremely thin valve stems on par with those found in supersport machines; intake valves feature thick heads for increased strength
• Special casting method leaves the intake port surfaces extremely smooth for optimum intake efficiency across the rev range
• Silicon-coated head gasket provides excellent sealing

Stainless Steel Exhaust System
• New 30mm shorter head pipe improves performance with a resonator chamber to help boost low-rpm torque
• New high-volume muffler assembly is 30mm shorter with a larger cross section keeps noise levels at 94 dB while retaining power production
• Durable stainless steel construction

Efficient Cooling System
• Thick radiators are strong and offer excellent resistance to mud buildup while providing superb cooling performance
• Cylinder head water jacket routes coolant to the front of the cylinder head for even cooling

Transmission and Shifting
• Strong, beefy crankcases feature additional material around the engine mounts to help increase long-term durability
• Clutch cable holder is integrated with the crankcase for accurate feel at the clutch lever
• Scavenge oil filter screen can be accessed without splitting the crankcases, facilitating easier maintenance

Quick-turning Chassis
• The KX250F’s slim and lightweight aluminum perimeter frame is 4mm narrower for improved ergonomics and handling
• Center of gravity and key dimensions such as swingarm pivot, output sprocket and rear axle locations designed to increase forward drive with minimal rear-end squat

Upgraded SFF Fork
• Upgraded 48mm Separate Function Fork (SFF) features new 1mm larger inner fork tubes which allow the internal damping components to be larger, for firmer damping response and increased ride comfort
• SFF design separates springing and damping functions for less weight, better performance, less stiction and easier adjustability
• Super-hard titanium coating on the outer surface of the inner fork tubes reduces stiction and improves suspension action while also helping prevent scratches and tube damage
• Friction-reducing Kashima Coat treatment on the inside of the outer fork tubes contributes to smoother suspension action
• Wrap-around fork tube guards provide excellent protection for the inner tubes
• Revised lower triple clamp open at the back for increased rigidity and improved fork action

Uni-Trak® rear suspension
• Rear shock features dual compression adjustability, allowing high-speed and low-speed damping to be tuned separately
• Features Kashima Coat on the inside cylinder wall for reduced friction and smoother suspension action
• New swingarm uses a longer cast front section, tapered hydroformed spars and forged chain adjusters
• Uni-Trak® rear suspension linkage system mounts the suspension arm below the swingarm, allowing more rear suspension stroke and precise tuning
• Linkage ratios for the Uni-Trak rear suspension match rear shock damping settings to achieve maximum rear wheel traction

Rider Interface
• Bodywork components offer the rider a slim interface, making it easy for racers to feel comfortable and go fast
• Formed using a double-injection molding process, the shrouds offer a slim design
• New smaller side number plates also contribute to the slim package
• Right side panel has an added passageway to help cool the silencer
• Flatter design of the seat and tank offer greater freedom of movement
• Frame is wider at the ankles to offer better grip and narrows near the bend below the seat to allow a slim riding position
• Slim seat features upgraded polyurethane, designed for greater durability
• Seat has a slip-resistant top and side surface for good grip when seated and while standing
• 50mm wide (front-to-rear) footpegs offer superb grip and feel at the pegs
• Clutch cable boot features a large quick adjuster, making it easy for riders to adjust play in the clutch cable while on the fly
• Throttle grip has a one-piece collar that provides additional stability during throttle operation
• Longer hand grips allow the rider to hold the bars closer to the centerline and are made of lower density material for improved rider comfort

Factory-style Components
• New pushrod type front brake master cylinder and new brake pad material provide stronger brake force and enhanced feel
• New rear brake pad material offers powerful braking performance
• Lightweight black anodized rims, are durable and look just like the factory racers
• Titanium coated inner fork tubes minimize stiction and look great
• Front and rear petal brake discs help reduce unsprung weight, and the wave shape helps clean the brake pads for more efficient stopping performance
• Rear caliper guard protects caliper from damage
• Ribless rear hub and butted spokes further reduce unsprung weight
• Renthal aluminum handlebar is standard equipment
• Blue ignition cover plugs and oil filler cap match the blue accents on the factory race bikes
• Factory-style graphics complement the KX250F’s highly tuned performance

Additional Features
• New radiator shrouds and side panels provider a slimmer rider interface and a more nimble feel
• New front fender
• Redesigned front number plate
• New embossed design on clutch cover
• New higher-density chain pad on top of the swingarm is more resistant to wear
• Large resin skid plate offers great protection with minimum weight

Optional Accessories
• Optional DFI Calibration Kit allows custom tuning
• Optional FI Indicator Light allows the DFI system to communicate diagnostic information
• Optional engine parts include magneto rotors with different inertias and a 12-tooth output sprocket
• Optional chassis parts include handlebar holder for a 1 1/8-inch handlebar, 46 to 50-tooth aluminum and steel rear sprockets, solid petal brake rotors, different fork and shock springs and manual decompression lever and cable

Specifications

Engine - Liquid-cooled, four-stroke single with DOHC and four-valve cylinder head
Displacement - 249cc
Bore x stroke - 77.0 x 53.6mm
Fuel injection - DFI® with 43mm Keihin throttle body and dual injectors
Compression ratio - 13.8:1
Ignition - Digital DC-CDI
Transmission - Five-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch
Final drive - Chain
Frame - Aluminum perimeter
Rake / trail - 28.7 degrees / 5.0 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel - 48mm inverted Showa SFF telescopic fork with 40-way spring preload adjustability and 22 position compression and 20 position rebound damping adjustability/ 12.4 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel - Uni-Trak® linkage system and Showa shock with 9 position low-speed and stepless high-speed compression damping, 22 position rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 12.2 in.
Front tire size - 80/100-21
Rear tire size - 100/90-19
Front brake - Single semi-floating 250mm petal disc with dual piston caliper
Rear brake - Single 240mm petal disc with single-piston caliper
Overall length - 85.4 in.
Overall width - 32.3 in.
Overall height - 50.0 in.
Wheelbase - 58.1 in.
Ground clearance - 13.0 in.
Seat height - 37.2 in.
Curb weight - 233.6 lbs.
Fuel capacity - 1.61 gal.
Color - Lime Green

Not sure how I like the black rear fender, looks like Honda and Kawasaki are both doing it.
yeah i dont like that either, infact i think the the nuber plates should be white. and honda has a black rear fender?

:noidea: looks just like the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and the 2012 to me :lol: maybe they should change the colors to black and green instead of green and black I might see some differences :smirk:

James

Staff member
:noidea: looks just like the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and the 2012 to me :lol: maybe they should change the colors to black and green instead of green and black I might see some differences :smirk:
:lol:

Majority of the changes are "under the hood". :thumb:

The yz125 is the bike that's been the same for the past 10 years. :smirk:

under no conditions am I even going to try and pronounce that.
sorry bout that. trying to type real fast. i wrote "amluminum" because i started to type it in the search bar (i was checking the spelling)and that was the first thing that came up (i should have actually read it). and i should have said "it got an" instead "it got a"