Pro 2013 Baja 500

The speed those guys carry is almost in-human. I have seen Bell and Pearson at every BITD desert race this year. They carry so much speed but yet they are so smooth it sounds like the bike is barely working. No rev-limiter no brakes squeaking nothing, but they are still 20 minutes a head of second place. If only I could be their front number plate for one race.

So the 2x bike started with that awesome baja designs squadron light mounted up and it was not on when they rolled into that pit to change a tire and adjust the front end. I wonder if it is still laying out there in the desert somewhere...:thinking:

So the 2x bike started with that awesome baja designs squadron light mounted up and it was on on when they rolled into that pit to change a tire and adjust the front end. I wonder if it is still laying out there in the desert somewhere...:thinking:

wheres that course map :thinking:

So the 2x bike started with that awesome baja designs squadron light mounted up and it was not on when they rolled into that pit to change a tire and adjust the front end. I wonder if it is still laying out there in the desert somewhere...:thinking:

Here is where I am confused. They said Kurt Caselli crash around the RM 210 and broke his wrist. They then said that the "support" helicopter landed and loaded up Caselli to give him medical attention. This is what the helicopters are for."Safety Reasons" and I think it is well within the rules to do what they did.

The problem I have is that KTM stated Justin Jones got "out of the Helicopter" and proceed with the race bike to the next pit. This is where I have a problem. One it clearly says in the rules the Helicopter CANNOT be used for rider transport. Having a rider in the helicopter gives KTM a HUGE advantage over the rest of the field. NOT COOL.

Kawasaki was bitten by Baja when Heng went down with a broken leg 10 miles into his run. Taylor Robert had to unload Heng's practice bike and crossgrain it to Heng's location and then pickup the race bike and continue one. This is why Kawasaki was down almost an hour.

I am not taking anything away from the KTM guys they rode an awesome race even through adversity, but I do think they broke the rules. Unless the new Score has changed them.

Here is where I am confused. They said Kurt Caselli crash around the RM 210 and broke his wrist. They then said that the "support" helicopter landed and loaded up Caselli to give him medical attention. This is what the helicopters are for."Safety Reasons" and I think it is well within the rules to do what they did.

The problem I have is that KTM stated Justin Jones got "out of the Helicopter" and proceed with the race bike to the next pit. This is where I have a problem. One it clearly says in the rules the Helicopter CANNOT be used for rider transport. Having a rider in the helicopter gives KTM a HUGE advantage over the rest of the field. NOT COOL.

Kawasaki was bitten by Baja when Heng went down with a broken leg 10 miles into his run. Taylor Robert had to unload Heng's practice bike and crossgrain it to Heng's location and then pickup the race bike and continue one. This is why Kawasaki was down almost an hour.

I am not taking anything away from the KTM guys they rode an awesome race even through adversity, but I do think they broke the rules. Unless the new Score has changed them.

:whistle:.... we shall see......................................... or will we... :noidea:

:whistle:.... we shall see......................................... or will we... :noidea:

I got clarification on the rule. SCORE says that you can transport a driver or rider in the Helo as long has that driver or rider has not already participated in the race. JCR always registers Johnny Campbell and he rides in the Helo, so if a rider goes down they can jump on the bike and continue the race.

I got clarification on the rule. SCORE says that you can transport a driver or rider in the Helo as long has that driver or rider has not already participated in the race. JCR always registers Johnny Campbell and he rides in the Helo, so if a rider goes down they can jump on the bike and continue the race.

Well alrighty then................ NEXT ! :thumb:

I was looking at results from this race and there was an * next to Caselli's name. I looked down the list and it said * - Penalties :noidea: Not sure what that is about.

Also saw this on the web.

"15x Chuck Neugebauer Found Dead
on BAJA 500 Race Course

Reported By Jorge Lucero

"Rest in peace.
He ran the low 500 2013 yesterday reached A Pits his team saw it came very pale to get very thirsty and told him that it seemed to be a heat stroke which had to abandon the race and replied: "I will arrive to the finish line let me run" forward some fans saw him along the path and stopped to help him with water Mojandolo and dale to take and he said to them "I wanted to continue" and I moved in the second Pits his team returned to give water and your bike team told him that he had to stop running because it looked very bad, too tired! And he replied: "CORRERE death" more forward was his motorcycle pulled and a few meters the was already lying lifeless, apparently of a heart attack. His close friends say that he already knew that was going to die, had problems of the heart, and he wanted to die doing what more he liked and wanted to die in ssa BAJA 500.""

RIP