Pro 2013 AMA National Hare & Hound Series

all while getting smoked by last year's honda crf450x :smirk:

before we get an argument in here I'm simply teasing, to have as many bikes out there as they do is an achievement for a young company, and to land one on the podium in a pro race is even more impressive :thumb:

You miss understand me! I don't give a shit! Like I said, "any (pro) rider can win on (any) bike." Even last years Honda. ? How much was changed on the honda last to this year? :smirk:

Caselli Back On Top At Idaho Hare & Hound
FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team's Kurt Caselli finally picked up his first win of the season, as he came from well behind after a poor start to finish first at the Rabbit Creek 100, presented by Dirt Inc. and Dan Wiebold Ford at the Idaho Auto Center Mall, Sunday, March 24, near Murphy, Idaho.
The drop of the banner caught Caselli by surprise, unlike Blais Racing Services KTM rider Skyler Howes, who rocketed into the early lead ahead of Off-Road Support Kawasaki's Jacob Argubright. But Caselli methodically worked his way through the pack, later saying, "I just took my time and was able to get around quite a few guys the [42-mile-long] first loop, and I knew the [63-mile] second loop was going to be a little bit longer and tighter, so I waited 'til then."
Caselli would finish in three hours, one minute and 59 seconds, while local favorite David Kamo (who'd also had a less-than-stellar start) finished second in 3:05:07, which unofficially moves him into the series points lead.
Argubright, who led for a while until missing a turn, held on for third in 3:06:11, unofficially putting him second in points. (Former points leader Kendall Norman, who won the first two rounds, didn't attend.) After losing time on the first loop while getting into his rhythm, Western Design Racing TM's Tuffy Pearson rallied back to fourth overall and the Open A win followed by Purvines Racing Beta's Justin Morrow.

Caselli Back On Top

caselli13Lucerne.jpg
Kurt Caselli moved back into the National Hare & Hound points leading after winning the No-Bull National at Lucerne.
Kurt Caselli, of the FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team, took a huge step forward at the No Bull National Hare & Hound, hosted by the So Cal Motorcycle Club, April 14. Not only did he win the event at the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle Area outside of Lucerne Valley, California, but also with previous points leader David Kamo having a bad day, Caselli leaped to the top of the points table.
The race served as round four of the AMA Racing/FMF/GPR Hare & Hound National Championship Series and Caselli got off to a good start, chasing only Purvines Racing Beta's T.J. Hannafin for a few miles. But Western Design Racing TM's Tuffy Pearson also had his eye on the top spot and led for several miles.
Caselli, however, bided his time and after he struck, there was no keeping him in sight; he would win by almost five minutes over Off-Road Support/Kawasaki of Simi Valley's Jacob Argubright.
Pearson held on to finish a best-to-date third overall, easily giving him the Open A victory.
Purvines Racing Beta's Nick Burson and Johnny Campbell Racing-supported Evan Kelly rounded out the top five overall.
Previous points leader David Kamo suffered through a bad day almost from the start, getting cut off on the bomb run and crashing at speed, leaving him with a lot of ground to make up by the time he got rolling again. The JCR Honda-supported rider would finish 16th overall, thus earning five points and giving him 73 to drop to third behind Caselli (85) and Argubright (82). Burson is now fourth with 62, and Kendall Norman, who's ridden - and won - only the first two rounds is fifth with 60.

Some more footage. Gnarly helmet cam crash.:shocked:
I watched that, kinda ironic with the "saftey starts here" written on the bar pad.
this was a rough one on all the riders, sending good wishes to Skyler Howes (the rider in the helmet cam crash) and Toby Price

Kurt Caselli Captures Virgin Voyage Victory

(Left to right) Ivan Ramirez, Kurt Caselli and Nick Burson celebrate on the Virgin Voyage National Hare & Hound podium. Photography by Mark Kariya.
It was just another typical day in the SoCal desert for Kurt Caselli, which means he collected another victory in the AMA Racing/FMF/GPR Hare & Hound National Championship Series. The FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing star scored a wire-to-wire win at the 27th Annual Virgin Voyage H&H put on by the Vikings Motorcycle Club at the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle Area near Lucerne Valley, California, April 28.
Caselli's victory was his third in a row and moves him farther from his pursuers in the points chase. But what set round five of the series apart from the ordinary was the runner-up finisher. After getting an excellent start and tucking in behind Caselli at the bomb, FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team’s Ivan Ramirez maintained the second-place position all day to secure his best ever National finish.
Purvines Racing Beta's Nick Burson hit the ground at least three times, but he picked himself up each time to earn third, battered bike and all.
The day after finishing fourth at the Virginia City Grand Prix, Agent Orange Racing KTM's Irving Powers rode to another fourth and won the Open A class, having picked off Morgan Crawford on the final lap after the eventual Vet A winner fell a couple times on the third and final loop.
Warm weather added to the challenge the three-loop, 96-mile race with a relentless rocky, twisty 40-mile second loop.
RESULTS
OVERALL:
1. Kurt Caselli (KTM)
2. Ivan Ramirez (KTM)
3. Nick Burson (Beta)
4. Irving Powers (KTM)
5. Morgan Crawford (KTM)
6. Jacob Argubright (Kaw)
7. Dan Capparelli (Beta)
8. Paul Krause (KTM)
9. Nicolas Garvin (KTM)
10. Cordis Brooks (KTM)​

Kurt Caselli Captures Virgin Voyage Victory

(Left to right) Ivan Ramirez, Kurt Caselli and Nick Burson celebrate on the Virgin Voyage National Hare & Hound podium. Photography by Mark Kariya.
It was just another typical day in the SoCal desert for Kurt Caselli, which means he collected another victory in the AMA Racing/FMF/GPR Hare & Hound National Championship Series. The FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing star scored a wire-to-wire win at the 27th Annual Virgin Voyage H&H put on by the Vikings Motorcycle Club at the Johnson Valley Off-Highway Vehicle Area near Lucerne Valley, California, April 28.
Caselli's victory was his third in a row and moves him farther from his pursuers in the points chase. But what set round five of the series apart from the ordinary was the runner-up finisher. After getting an excellent start and tucking in behind Caselli at the bomb, FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team’s Ivan Ramirez maintained the second-place position all day to secure his best ever National finish.
Purvines Racing Beta's Nick Burson hit the ground at least three times, but he picked himself up each time to earn third, battered bike and all.
The day after finishing fourth at the Virginia City Grand Prix, Agent Orange Racing KTM's Irving Powers rode to another fourth and won the Open A class, having picked off Morgan Crawford on the final lap after the eventual Vet A winner fell a couple times on the third and final loop.
Warm weather added to the challenge the three-loop, 96-mile race with a relentless rocky, twisty 40-mile second loop.
RESULTS
OVERALL:
1. Kurt Caselli (KTM)
2. Ivan Ramirez (KTM)
3. Nick Burson (Beta)
4. Irving Powers (KTM)
5. Morgan Crawford (KTM)
6. Jacob Argubright (Kaw)
7. Dan Capparelli (Beta)
8. Paul Krause (KTM)
9. Nicolas Garvin (KTM)
10. Cordis Brooks (KTM)

My hats off to the 4th place finisher Irving Powers having raced the VCGP the day before where he finished 4th ... :clap:.... :hifive:

My hats off to the 4th place finisher Irving Powers having raced the VCGP the day before where he finished 4th ... :clap:.... :hifive:
And not to mention he is a AM rider beating a ton of Experts. I just got off the D37 message board reading how everyone was complaining about the 2nd loop being tough and the 3rd brutal with the heat and all. Desert racers are turning into pansies. First this is a National, second it is desert racing, third it was the Viking's "Virgin Voyage", hence the word Virgin. :picard:

Kurt Caselli Tops Utah National Hare & Hound

By Mark Kariya | 5/6/2013 5:10 AM

Kurt Caselli ran off with the win at the National Hare & Hound round near Jericho, Utah. Photography by David Turner.
Just one week after reaching the halfway point in the 10-round AMA Racing/FMF/GPR Hare & Hound National Championship Series, Kurt Caselli of the FMF/KTM Factory Off-Road Racing Team began the drive for championship number three with his fourth win in a row in Utah, May 4.
He trailed teammate and round five runner-up Ivan Ramirez by just one second after the first 35-mile loop at the Little Sahara Recreation Area near Jericho, Utah, with Off-Road Support/Kawasaki of Simi Valley's Jacob Argubright a further 12 seconds behind. But Caselli broke the race open on the second 35-mile loop of the Sage Riders Motorcycle Club's event, with Argubright moving into second, Purvine Racing Beta's Nick Burson taking third and Ramirez dropping to sixth.
Their positions didn't change on the more technical 30-mile third loop, with Caselli winning by more than three minutes over Argubright. Burson finished a strong but solitary third and Western Design Racing TM's Tuffy Pearson finished fourth overall and first Open A ahead of Utah teenager Josh Knight, the first 250cc A on his ADS Motorsports KTM.​