2011 Taylor Lakamp Memorial Ride

Thank you to all who came to the 3d annual Taylor Lakamp Memorial Ride for all fallen riders. We had a great turn out! The Cal City Police Department & DIRT (Desert Incidence Response Team) named & dedicated one of the main trails out in Cal City in Taylor's Memory! Trail CC 110 (Taylor's Number). I'm attaching some picture from this weekend. Thank you DBA for helping to get the word out!

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

James

Staff member
:ride: Thanks for posting those pictures, Katie, hope you don't mind that I brought this into it's own Ride Report thread. :thumb:

It looks like a great turn out for this event and the weather shaped up as well. It is special that the local law enforcement supports this kind of thing. Thanks for the pictures. :thumb:

Excellent taylorsride for posting those pics. Sorry I missed you out there, I was late getting back from an earlier ride and was trying to make up ground, and......well I just posted a thread about it so if you feel like the read go check it out. James will probably banned me now for the fail since I was sent on a mission and failed. I guess I will try again next year...

i wish I could of gone, I was down in Baja. At one point we stopped at a cross on top of a hill. I stacked some rocks in Taylor's honor then took a stick and wrote his name next to it. Then when I was going to take my camera out to snap a pic it was too late. Bikes were firing up and we were off at a rapid pace.
Hopefully next year I can attend the memorial ride. Taylor's 1st Annual Memorial Ride was one of my more memorable rides. Old Man did a great job getting the word out and MXDirtDiva and I had a "special" ride back.

Looks like a great turnout Katie! :thumb: Again, sorry to have missed this year. Until the next one, know that you and Taylor are always kept in our thought and prayers.

i wish I could of gone, I was down in Baja. At one point we stopped at a cross on top of a hill. I stacked some rocks in Taylor's honor then took a stick and wrote his name next to it. Then when I was going to take my camera out to snap a pic it was too late. Bikes were firing up and we were off at a rapid pace.
Hopefully next year I can attend the memorial ride. Taylor's 1st Annual Memorial Ride was one of my more memorable rides. Old Man did a great job getting the word out and MXDirtDiva and I had a "special" ride back.

What part was special, watching me ride up the hill with a flat, or down?? Thought it was a pretty trick manuever myself, like to see you try that one!! :P At least the bandaides and bubblegum held!! :smirk::lol:

James

Staff member
What part was special, watching me ride up the hill with a flat, or down?? Thought it was a pretty trick manuever myself, like to see you try that one!! :P At least the bandaides and bubblegum held!! :smirk::lol:
:shocked: What's the story behind that?

After re-reading, I take responsibilty for taking off topic. Out of respect to Katie (Taylor's mom) and others who may be family or friend's of Taylor reading here, I don't feel good about dovetailin into her son's Memorial thread (again, my fault). I'll share the link behind the ride back somewhere else at a more appropriate time.

For those of us who are parents, we know each day spent with our children is a gift, never should they be the ones to leave before us. There were many tribute video's made for Taylor. I'll leave this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQdsJ221-E&feature=related

After re-reading, I take responsibilty for taking off topic. Out of respect to Katie (Taylor's mom) and others who may be family or friend's of Taylor reading here, I don't feel good about dovetailin into her son's Memorial thread (again, my fault). I'll share the link behind the ride back somewhere else at a more appropriate time.

For those of us who are parents, we know each day spent with our children is a gift, never should they be the ones to leave before us. There were many tribute video's made for Taylor. I'll leave this one...

:USA:

Sweet.................:USA::USA:

:thumb: