Other 2011 Ktm/husaberg Recall!

KTM North America Recalls Off-Road Motorcycles Due to Fall or Crash Hazard

http://news.yahoo.com/ktm-north-america-recalls-off-road-motorcycles-due-163107823.html

Handle bar clamps will break and cause an accedcent.

:wow:

Incidents/Injuries: KTM received a report of one incident in which the consumer was hospitalized from injuries received in a crash after the handlebar clamps cracked and failed to secure the handlebars.

The affected KTM bikes are orange and black in color with the model name and KTM(TM) logo located on the right and left shrouds. :lol::cry::lol:

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled motorcycles and contact authorized KTM and Husaberg dealers to schedule a free repair.

http://news.yahoo.com/ktm-north-america-recalls-off-road-motorcycles-due-163107823.html

Incidents/Injuries: KTM received a report of one incident in which the consumer was hospitalized from injuries received in a crash after the handlebar clamps cracked and failed to secure the handlebars.

The affected KTM bikes are orange and black in color with the model name and KTM(TM) logo located on the right and left shrouds. :lol::cry::lol:

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled motorcycles and contact authorized KTM and Husaberg dealers to schedule a free repair.

Can you say HUSQVARNA????? :banana:.....:devil:......:banana:.........:ride:

LMAO what a joke. funny tho i posted about this months ago. i got my letter in the mail. all you have to do is call your dealership and bring in the top part of the clamps and they will give you the new ones. The new ones have dots on them so you know the difference. Funny tho my letter told me to stop riding my dirtbike immediately and that only an authorized dealer is allowed to put them on. :lol: 4 bolts requires a dealership..they really are covering thier ass

Makes you wonder if they are recalling any bikes outside of North America. US = sue happy -> recall the bikes. Rest of he world? Well they can't sue so easily -> no recall.

i love how the article says that its a bike recall. car manufacture's have recalls on parts all the time. big difference between a part recall and a bike recall.

James

Staff member

I'm willing to bet that there was more then one "incident", however only one incident required medical attention. :noidea:

I'm willing to bet that there was more then one "incident", however only one incident required medical attention. :noidea:

i bet it was this guys own fault somehow. he prolly over tightened them or it was a gnarly crash anyway. Im just speculating but its usually a case like that.

i bet it was this guys own fault somehow. he prolly over tightened them or it was a gnarly crash anyway. Im just speculating but its usually a case like that.

There is normally a bit more to it than that. The injury may have been severe. To recover medical expenses a lawsuit was initiated. KTM settled out of court and an analysis indicated that a recall would be less expensive than more lawsuits. A business decision was made to do the recall.

There is normally a bit more to it than that. The injury may have been severe. To recover medical expenses a lawsuit was initiated. KTM settled out of court and an analysis indicated that a recall would be less expensive than more lawsuits. A business decision was made to do the recall.

ohhn yea i know that. Its all about them covering their ass.. thats my point.