450F 2011 Kawasaki KX 450

Here is my partners bike. He traded an 09 Husky TC 449 straight across for this bike. It didn't look near this good when he got it. He got all new plastics except for the radiator shrouds.
DSC_0240.JPG

He added a FMF 4.1 Silencer on it.

DSC_0241.JPG

Then to protect the head pipe he went with a Z carbon Pipe Guard. And a Zeta Anodized red fill plug.

DSC_0242.JPG

He matched the other side of the motor with red Anodized plugs from Zeta.

DSC_0243.JPG

He also ditched the stock chain guide for this Acerbis Unit. It looks really good in black.

DSC_0244.JPG

He went with Zeta Folding Levers on the clutch an brake side. These are nice all machined and for the price you can't beat them.

DSC_0245.JPG

DSC_0246.JPG

Also for the desert riding we do out here he added a full coverage Acerbis Skid Plate. Looks really nice on there to.

DSC_0247.JPG

Here is my partners bike. He traded an 09 Husky TC 449 straight across for this bike. It didn't look near this good when he got it. He got all new plastics except for the radiator shrouds.
View attachment 9333

He added a FMF 4.1 Silencer on it.

View attachment 9334

Then to protect the head pipe he went with a Z carbon Pipe Guard. And a Zeta Anodized red fill plug.

View attachment 9335

He matched the other side of the motor with red Anodized plugs from Zeta.

View attachment 9336

He also ditched the stock chain guide for this Acerbis Unit. It looks really good in black.

View attachment 9337

He went with Zeta Folding Levers on the clutch an brake side. These are nice all machined and for the price you can't beat them.

View attachment 9338

View attachment 9339

Also for the desert riding we do out here he added a full coverage Acerbis Skid Plate. Looks really nice on there to.

View attachment 9340

I really like the look of the Zeta levers. how do they feel when compared to the ASV's?

Here is the Dyno Run for the 450. The Blue Line is stock and the Red Line is with a 4.1 slip on and a stock air Filter.

View attachment 10002
:thumb: So if you want to pull the max power out of your scooter, you need to run between 57 - 59 MPH all day. So Rack as long as you are around 20 MPH, you should be well under 10 HP. You might need to drop back down to 1st gear as 2nd might be a little scary...:smirk:

I really like the look of the Zeta levers. how do they feel when compared to the ASV's?

He really likes them I have them on my bike and I don't care for them in the stock form. They have sharp edges on the front and they dug into my fingers. I modified mine with sand paper to smooth out the sharp edges, and it helped out a lot.

James

Staff member
Correct, but again, when I see HP charts, it is HP over RPM not Speed.

If I look at a '11 450 chart, I see 49HP are around 8900RPM

12_450_kawai.jpg

While 450F's might not have a much higher peak horsepower, I see that they have almost double the torque. :thumb:

He really likes them I have them on my bike and I don't care for them in the stock form. They have sharp edges on the front and they dug into my fingers. I modified mine with sand paper to smooth out the sharp edges, and it helped out a lot.

They look rounded to me... but I dont like sharp edges.... looks like sunline may be it