2 Stroke 2011 150 or 250??

im looking at getting a new bike at the end of the yr. i race HS and im pretty competitive (was going to be B) but i broke my shoulder so going back to C :smirk: anyway im on a 144sx now and i really like the light weight and how flick able it is but its power starved :( either way im going with the sx modle.

there are 2 main things holding me back from a 250 for sure and those r i would be in the 250 class and i like the 200 and the 250 is full of sandbaggers the other thing is im worried about the weight.

Well, you just have to train with that bike till you get good. 250F's really aren't that heavy, for example, I can pick mine up, both tires off the ground and/or load and unload it without a ramp myself. You just have to get used to the 250 class and then it'll be alright. Run a woodsman HS or somthing to get the feeling.

no way i would get a 250f! im talkin 2 smoker all they way lol. my dad has a 280 i raced it cuz mine was broken and unless i had to i wouldnt race in again. the 300 are fun but they get to be to much in the tight stuff and i like to rev it not lug it

James

Staff member
I would suggest the smaller bike and the reason has more to due with the class than the bike itself. Unless you yourself are sandbagging your current class, I wouldn't move up unless you're looking to really push yourself. :noidea:

the reason i was going to move up is because at the end of the season i was able to hang with if not beat the sandbaggers that were in my who should be in B. im thinking the 150 because i like the 200 class. my buddy had a ktm 200 (which i hate!) and he hated it for the same reasons. he has a gas gas 200 now and he says he loves it. any of you have a gas gas bike?

Hate the ktm 200? but love the gg200 and ktm 144? that's odd. you have to remember your experiance will be night and day different depending on how the bike is setup to suit your needs.

the reason i dont like the 200 is because it doesnt rev high enough for me i like to ride in the meat of the power which is wide open on the 144. the 144 is pretty much a 125 with more bottom end. and my buddy said the gas gas 200 will rev higher than the ktm.
ya james i do think thats the hardest part is the mental part the fact that i get to go in the garage and see my bike and no i can ride :cry:
what happened to u?

the reason i dont like the 200 is because it doesnt rev high enough for me i like to ride in the meat of the power which is wide open on the 144. the 144 is pretty much a 125 with more bottom end. and my buddy said the gas gas 200 will rev higher than the ktm.
ya james i do think thats the hardest part is the mental part the fact that i get to go in the garage and see my bike and no i can ride :cry:
what happened to u?

At least in the older ones

Gas Gas 200 = smooth electric power
KTM 200 = pipey power
The GG 200 is based on the 250 but reduced to 200. The ktm 200 is based on the 125 but increased to 200.

I wouldn't spring onto the gg without trying it first