450F 2010 yz450f locked up

I have a 2010 yz450f and I was riding a wheelie and it fell over on the left hand side. It was in second gear and when I lifted it back up it stalled out. I then went to start it and the kick starter was as hard as a rock. I can put it in neutral and push it so I don't believe it's the transmission. I also took the spark plug out and it's still hard as a rock. Does anybody have any suggestions on what it could be?

SRAD97750

Staff member
Kickshaft gear, Idler gear, clutch basket, and main crank gear could have jambed on you. Take off the clutch cover and disassemble the kickstarter, Ilder, clutch, and main gear. Inspect for broken teeth.

Try to turn the motor over slowly with the crank bolt. IS THIS THE REVERSE MOTOR???
Reassemble and try again. I doubt, if it was still running when you picked it up, the motor itself is locked. I think something in the starting system is going to have fallen out of alignment when it smacked the ground hard.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Yes this is the reversed motor. When I picked the bike up it was still running, I run a rekluse clutch so the bike didn't actually stall out until I picked it up. I will take it apart as soon as I can. Thanks for the reply I was worried for a second that it was the motor.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Don't turn the motor the wrong way. It needs to be turned in the direction of running. But since it's a reverse engine, I'm not sure which way the engine actually turns... :noidea:-BIG DAN:thumb:

Once you get it apart, turning the crank will prove the motor is not the culprit. I have my money on the starting system.

I have the same problem took valve cover off n cam cover and it unlocked now put it all back together starts up revs fine till I put into gear then it sputter and stalls

I was gonna say to the op how long was it running while laying down, but I’m sure he got it figured out 10 Fkn years ago!... hate open ended discussion, I like conclusion but oh well. Very possible the down sensor failed and it simply oil starved the top end if it was running too long