All 2010 Yosemite Dual Sport Adventure, A KTM National Dual Sport Trail Ride Series Event

I picked up a flyer the other day for this event.

Dates: Saturday & Sunday September 25th & 26th, 2010

How to register

www.familyoffroadadventures.com

http://www.familyoffroadadventures.com/home.asp

Here is a cut and paste from the website......................

Event Description:

The Yosemite Dual Sport Adventure is an AMA Sanctioned dual sport event held at the gateway to Yosemite National Park, Buck Meadows California and is open to any make or model of street legal motorcycle.

If you are a part of Team Orange then this is a "must attend" event designed especially for you. If you don't ride a KTM then that's fine too! KTM is the major sponsor of this event but it's really about getting into the back-country and enjoying the trails, right?

This two day, GPS based, self-guided adventure includes scenic & historic destinations in and around Yosemite National Park and the Stanislaus National Forest. Using paved and unpaved roads with options of "hard" & "easy" splits, you’ll have approximately 100 miles of fun each day! "Easy" routes are perfect for beginning riders or large adventure bikes while experienced riders will have the opportunity to be challenged by choosing "hard" splits. All routes are approximately 85% dirt and "hard" splits are longer (more dirt!).

Event is operated under permit from the Stanislaus National Forest and limited to 100 riders so register early! This event caters to ALL street legal dual sport motorcycles.

Dates:

Event to be held the weekend of Saturday & Sunday September 25th & 26th, 2010.
Registration Fee:

Registration for this event is $99 per person for AMA member and $109 for non-AMA members. One day tickets are available $59 for AMA members or $64 for non-AMA members. Passengers are half-price. Late registration begins April 5th, add $21.00 per ticket. After April 26th add $51.00 per ticket. 100 rider limit so register early!
Directions:

From Highway 99 or Interstate 5 take the Highway 120 exit East towards Yosemite. Stay on Highway 120 for 65 miles till you arrive in the town of Groveland. Buck Meadows is a small community about 11 miles East of Groveland, towards Yosemite. (Click Here for MAP).
Amenities:

Our host for this event is the small and historic community of Buck Meadows. Within this community is the Yosemite Ridge Resort http://www.yosemiteridge.com/ They can be reached at 800-706-3009 and provide cabins, full RV hookups & local dining. There is also the “Yosemite Westgate Motel” (a typical "Motel 8" style place) in Buck Meadows and the nearby (1 mile away) “Lost Claim” campground operated by the Stanislaus Nation Forest. Additional accommodations are available in Groveland.
Late Sign-up / Staging Location:

Late sign-up’s will be available starting Friday at 5pm and resume again at 8:00am Saturday Morning. Our booth & staging location is on the grass next to the general store and fuel pumps in Buck Meadows. There is a limit of 100 riders so get your registration and payment turned in early.
FREE GPS Training:

"GPS and the Adventure Motorcyclist" author Lawrence Borgens will be giving a FREE class on how to navigate with GPS while riding in the back-country. With or without trails, roads, land-marks or a paper map you'll be able to confidently navigate anywhere on the planet once you know the ropes. Bring your GPS preloaded with our routes, something to take notes on and an open mind. This class will be at 6:45pm at the registration tent so get there early!
GPS Routing:

Bring your GPS!!! This is the 21st Century and “Roll Charts” are a thing of the past… A download of suggested routes and destination will be emailed to you upon completion of your registration. Suggested routes will consist of limited pavement, gravel and dirt roads & some single-track. Each day will consist of approximately 100 miles, visiting different destinations each day. Routes are approximately 80% dirt. If registering at the event, bring your GPS download cable.
Vendor Booths & Exhibits:

There will be vendor booths and displays set up by our sponsors and other local motorcycle dealerships.
Scenic Rides:

THIS IS NOT A RACE!!! This is a fun, EZ-to-follow, on/off-road, leisurely, scenic and historic trip through parts of the beautiful Stanislaus National Forest and Yosemite National Park. In most cases easy routes are passable with a 4WD vehicle. In case routes or destinations are closed alternate destinations and routes will be selected.
Motorcycle Requirements:

All motorcycles must meet the following requirements. Failure to meet ALL requirements will result in your money being refunded and you being asked to leave the event.

* Quiet muffler with a spark arrester is mandatory and only helps our sport. Nothing above 94db!
* Must be street legal with all required lighting, licensing, registration and insurance.
* You will need to be able to go at least 75 miles on a tank of gas.

Other Information:

* Destinations and routes are only our recommendations. The Yosemite area has SO MUCH to offer that we hesitate to limit your experience. All suggested destination and routes have been examined by our staff and deemed appropriate for this event.
* GPS downloads are an accurate representation of the route and include additional waypoints at various locations of historical and scenic interest.
* A map showing suggested destinations, routes, points of scenic beauty and historical interest and bailouts is handed out during registration. Map is for reference purposes only and should not be relied upon for navigation.
* Bring rain gear in case of bad weather. This is a rain or shine event.
* Bring a camera! This is a beautiful area!
* Lunch will be provided both days.
* There is an optional dinner on Saturday night. After dinner we will hand out awards, raffle off prizes & recognize sponsors.

SCHEDULE DETAILS:

Friday:

17:00 Sign-up booth open

18:45 FREE GPS training @ sign-up booth

Saturday:

08:00 Sign-up booth open

08:00 Vendor booths & displays open

08:30 Pre-ride meeting @ registration booth

08:45 First bikes out

09:30 Last bikes out

11:30 Lunch available

15:00 Lunch ends - All bikes leave lunch stop

19:00 Optional dinner

20:00 Awards, Raffle Prizes & Recognize Sponsors

Sunday:

08:00 Sign-up booth open

08:00 Vendor booths & displays open

08:30 Pre-ride meeting @ registration booth

08:45 First bikes out

09:30 Last bikes out

11:30 Lunch available

14:00 Lunch ends - All bikes depart lunch stop

The Yosemite Dual Sport Adventure is an AMA Sanctioned dual sport event held at the gateway to Yosemite National Park, Buck Meadows California and is open to any make or model of street legal motorcycle.
got to that part and started to :cry:

maybe if i get myself a D/S by then i will try to attend this event.

:thumb: and +2 roost to you for bringing the event to my attention tho.

edit: when i spread some around first.

Well I am headed out for this weekends ride! :banana: First ride in nearly 2 months. I hope to have a good ride report for you when I return.:USA: