RM-Z450 2008 rmz450

When starting my 2008 rmz 450, bike starts ok but then when I put the throttle on it starts to struggle revving up, if I keep the revs on it then starts to pop and backfire, any help please

When starting my 2008 rmz 450, bike starts ok but then when I put the throttle on it starts to struggle revving up, if I keep the revs on it then starts to pop and backfire, any help please
Sounds like a fuel problem. Could be many things. But I’d start with cleaning the carburetor and checking/setting the float.

Somehow I thought they didn’t start that till ‘10. In that case I know the injector can get dirty and may need cleaning from time to time. Motion pro makes a tool for this, if it doesn’t solve the problem it is still good maintenance. It wouldn’t hurt to check the spark plug boot either.

Apparently a lot of people think that but the efi first came out in 08, iv checked spark, fuel, timing, valve clearances, cleaned the injector but still having the same issue

Have you checked the TPS or the capacitator under the gas tank? I believe, if the TPS is out of range, it will read zero like at idle, so it would start, but as you try to rev, it won't function correctly.