Other 2008 crf450r, Steam Coming out of Radiator Overfill Tube?

Hi everybody, I got a 2008 CRF450r. I was riding it one day, and steam started pouring out of the radiator overfill tube. I'm not sure if its just overheated or what. Please help me! Thank you!

I had a kx that went bad. So I just kept the cap.

You can buy your caps at about any automotive parts store and you can get a variety of different pressures. you just need to find a counterman that is willing to di some matching for you.

Last edited:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Imo, sounds totally normal.
When the operating pressures get over the cap's rating, it is INTENDED to leak out the hose to protect the rest of the system.
Never met a watercooled 4T that didn't pee a little when getting a workout in the slow tight stuff.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Hey Andy! :cool: How's the weather where you are mate? Getting cold there too I'll bet, :eek:

I had a kx that went bad. So I just kept the cap.

You can buy your caps at about any automotive parts store and you can get a variety of different pressures. you just need to find a counterman that is willing to di some matching for you.

You luck mofo, your parts dude sourced you a whole KX around your cap? kinda wondering if I come to your counterman with just the spare cap that I still have from my cr, you reckon he might be able to match me up a whole new cr? :noidea::P:lol: