2 Stroke 2008 300 xcw new owner

Two words, Sweet Blaster. :smirk:

was that guys girl riding on the back of your bike by the end of the day? I'd never ride on a blaster with anybody :lol:

well they ended up trying to go up some big ass hill, needless to say it didnt work, they were sliding back down and the quads front tire caught on a tree and stayed still but they got kinda launched off the back was so gnar, they alright though

but i knew when I bought it the E start gears were out and it may take a little bit of work to get it working, the battery was brand new looking, but unfortunately from sitting for however long it did it lost all its charge, it is on the charger right now, will be testing it with the starter tomorrow to see if it will work and what needs to be done, i took out all of the components, the Bendix is good, as well as the intermediate shaft, but i would like to know when i reassemble where to apply grease to and where to not, sorry if that sounds dumb but i messed around with the Bendix and it looks like at the tip of it it needs to be dry and maybe sand it a little bit for resistance, then the part below the tip looks like it needs grease because that is the part that will be in contact with other metal when the starter is engaged to get the Bendix gears to grab, anyway the starter looks in bad shape, the pics of it were after a good scrubbing will clean it more the gear on it looks worn pretty good, going to see if it works tomorrow after 24 hours of keeping the battery on the charger, then i will reassemble, here is some pics, lots of dirt and grime has gotten in there, previous owners apparently used ....ty gaskets or something
DPP_0003_zpsda991089.jpg

DPP_0005_zps214e12d8.jpg

DPP_0006_zps419dded8.jpg

DPP_0007_zps7081e60d.jpg

DPP_0010_zps791f9869.jpg

DPP_0011_zps4b6a8da6.jpg

DPP_0012_zpsf63cde59.jpg

Put the battery on the lowest charge setting you have.

There might be local electric motor shops that can rebuild that starter. And might even be able to upgrade it.

gotta just see if the starter works, gotta grease up bushings, might have to get shims for the idler gear not sure yet ill see how much freeplay there is tommorow, hopefully ill have her up and workin soon, gotta remove some grease on the bendix as well apparently thats a no no

update, cleaned the stator cover more cleaned all bushings etc... battery will not hold any charge, even tried jumping it, the starter would not turn over, the solenoid i believe just made a clicking sound that was it, so i need to rebuild starter which the kit is 70 bucks and i should be able to do by myself, and picking up a cheap battery tommorow, so in roughly 2 weeks ill have her put back together, i ordered some gaskets as well