RM250 2006 RM250 Troubles

i use lucas, always follow factory mix ratios, which on your bike is 32:1, for the bottom end i use 80w golden spectro gear lube, pretty much the same as 10-30, as for the not starting my bet is there was some crap in your fuel line, or in the carb somewhere that got into the pilot if the reeds are good.

Clutch plates will turn your oil grey, nothing out of the usual. I've done gearbox oil changes went on a quick spin come back and it's already grey. 2 strokes are finicky and don't really like starting in gear with the clutch in or rolling in gear with the engine off clutch in. Hope that cleared some stuff up for you. Probably just need to pull the carburetor apart spray carb cleaner through all of the jets then compressed air.

Clutch plates will turn your oil grey, nothing out of the usual. I've done gearbox oil changes went on a quick spin come back and it's already grey. 2 strokes are finicky and don't really like starting in gear with the clutch in or rolling in gear with the engine off clutch in. Hope that cleared some stuff up for you. Probably just need to pull the carburetor apart spray carb cleaner through all of the jets then compressed air.
I'm re installing my clutch and do you know what I should torque the springs down too?

I have a 2006 two stoke rm250. Bike had been sitting for a while but started right up took it for a quick ride shut it off now it won't start again. I put a brand new NGK plug in it cleaned the carb checked all the wiring connections (kill switch ect) but still nothing. Along with the not firing issue I went the change the oil and noticed it was a silver color. Pulled the clutch out and the teeth have a little mushrooming on them but it doesn't seem to bad. If I put the bike in gear and push it with the clutch in the bike wont roll freely so im pretty sure the clutch is shot. Would this have anything to do with why the bike wont start? It seems like it wouldn't because I start the bike in neutral but its just an idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

So what did the spark plug look like when you took it out? ie black, oily, white, dry?? what did the new one look like after you tried to start it? wet? dry? etc

You can make your new oil look old by running it in a bike that was full of crud and needed changes more often in the past. a few more changes and it will look much better. FYI I can't think of a single reason to run motorcycle specific (also called expensive) oils in your bike presently. The only thing that would make me want to use it, is if it shifted better. ATF or motoroil (non ec oils) your gears and bearings will be happy, and the atf definitely gets along with clutches.

8ftlbs on the clutch bolts...
clean that carb twice then clean it again.... I have an 06 and it just came out of a 2 year slumber... It starts like new because I use Marine grade Stabil in my fuel.... doesn't allow the ethanol fuel to jamb up the carb as easy.. also if you mix certain brands of premix it can cause clotting in your fuel for example: ester oil and castor base oils mixed together will clot