RM125 2003 SUZUKI RM 125 CLUTCH BRAND

I abuse a clutch heavily racing MX on a RM250.... I use the Tusk. Its a great clutch kit with an even better price. I just replaced the clutch after 2 yrs with another Tusk. Soak those new plates for an hour or so before installing them as well.

Stock plates are ok but dont last. Wiseco has some really nice products but I have no experience with their clutchs.

I own a 2003 suzuki rm125
Specific model suzukk rm125k3
When i look up the stock oem plates it
It shows it thAt the first and last plate is different color, when i buy aftermarket like tusk, are the first and last plate marked as well ?? Um i hope you guys know what o have in mind

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359064865.555697.jpg

Every other plate is different. Your first plate in is the fiber plate and is rough textured, Then you will have a metal plate, witch is smooth as butter.. Every other plate will be different. Your last plate will be a fiber plate..... And then the pressure pate, which bolts on.

James

Staff member
Every other plate is different. Your first plate in is the fiber plate and is rough textured, Then you will have a metal plate, witch is smooth as butter.. Every other plate will be different. Your last plate will be a fiber plate..... And then the pressure pate, which bolts on.
Some clutch kits do have different fiber plates that go first and last. Pretty sure that the Tusk kit doesn't, well I at least don't remember my Tusk kit having different ones.

James

Staff member
Yes i understand, but the first and last fibre plate is marked a different color in my owners manual is there a specific reason for that ?
I'm pretty sure that that's because of how the OEM clutch pack is designed. My manual also says the same thing about the OEM plates.

If anyone else knows more about this, jump in. :thumb:

I abuse a clutch heavily racing MX on a RM250.... I use the Tusk. Its a great clutch kit with an even better price. I just replaced the clutch after 2 yrs with another Tusk. Soak those new plates for an hour or so before installing them as well.

Stock plates are ok but dont last. Wiseco has some really nice products but I have no experience with their clutchs.
I always keep a Tusk kit for a spare. Trust me Monkey-Boy abuses his clutch like a Mobster on the new tax accountant.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Tusk (or their manufacturer) has most likely heard of every issue you could think of.
If you order a Tusk clutch set specific to your model, or any brand for that matter, you will receive exactly what you need and instructions clearly explaining how to install on YOUR bike.
Fear not, for we are with you...
-BIG DAN:thumb: