2003 rm 125 flywheel/stator removal problems

Don't use it. Go to motion pro's site and look up one for your bike and you can see what I mean. Again. Don't use a gear puller on that flywheel rotor. You ruin the rotor. If comes loose later. You bugger up the end of the crankshaft, you can ruin the stator and break a case. Then you sell your bike for parts or to correct all that. The right flywheel puller doesn't look anything like what you likely have. It doesn't work the same way either.

thanks all for the help, my buddy came over and brought an air compressor and impact gun with him within minutes we got the nut off, fly wheel, and stator. sending the stator back today for a replacement.
I got a different flywheel puller for the exact model also,from bikemaster worked great and fast without damaging anything.
Has any one used elctrosport lighting stators before?

Last edited:
Oh okay, sweet.never had problems with it? The one I had burnt up three of the coils in about a hour of riding (not hard or abusive riding either) and a half hour of that was getting the carb right and adjusting throttle and clutch cable( which I think are both stretched out a bit so are getting replaced) But maybe I just got a faulty stator which they did say happens occasionally? I just never heard of that

yeah, it does. those buildups are usually cross breeds and lots can happen. I dont want lights on any of my dirt bikes, but my xr's are all capable from the factory. some of the stuff we used to see was from companies taking snowmachine stuff and sizing it to fit. not sure what electro does

Yea I'm not running a light on my bike either, the stator just comes with the hook up. electrosport lighting stator is cheaper than going for a new oem from suzuki and i figured its better than buying a used one from ebay.
I seen moose makes a repair kit for the stator but it doesnt make one for a 2003 rm 125, and a lot of aftermarket stator companies don't make one for that year and model either.

Last edited: