2000 RM250 Wont start! Help!!

I have always had better luck using a "Starter Fluid" sprayed thru the carb to see if I can get fire at all. With gas in the spark plug hole, you can either have too much or not enough.

One last stupid question.....Did you put the piston in facing the correct direction? If facing incorrectly, it will not run.

Paw Paw

It only takes basically three things to make a 2 stroke run...Compression, fuel and spark...And you have now stated you have all three and it will not run. Your are missing something....
Have you done a leak test? You could be sucking air and causing a very lean condition or you are not really getting fuel.

Paw Paw

Spark? bright blue is great!
Compression test? about 160-180ish
fuel? turn the gas on? loosen the bolt on the bottom of the carb bowl... should run out and not smell like paint.
Carb clean? clean it twice and then once more for good measure.
If all of this has been done and checked this bike will run.... if it doesn't then......

Like BK said, check that keyway on your crank.

while you are in the carburetor set the float. while you have it off, make sure that the slide is coming ALL the way down. spark at the RIGHT time is also necessary. if you dont have a proper flywheel puller you should get one, but for the most part i you can look at the timing mark on the flywheel rotor and determine that your piston is just before top dead center by using something in the spark plug hole to see how high up in the stroke the piston has come. I have yet to have a spun keway that didnt come along with a rotor nut you could take off with your fingers or plyers at the worst. I have heard stories of those that didnt though.

in the meantime, doing the test on the stator would keep you occupied and maybe something else will come to you.

I had the same issue with mine earlier change the spark plug and problem should go away happens to 2 strokes if you dont wind wind them enough hahahaah

Ok guys! I bought a manual and checked the stator and the electrical... Everything was right on! So I gave up and took it into the local motorcycle shop... Some old dude kicked it a few times and said "yep, it sure is hard to kick... I bet its the flywheel" FML!! The fly wheel key was stripped and it was firing at the wrong time! Sure enough it started right up! Thanks for all your help!!