2 Day Dual Sport Ride

Seriously.......:smirk:

As for dual sports, I'm still on the fence (not the same one GEEKS on...:devil:), whether or not to get a DS...my mind-set is better to have it and not need itthen to need it and not have it. HOWEVER, there are the added costs on insurance, tags, (but I don't know what that would be) plus breakage if I ever get the notion to take a nap...signals, etc. Do you guys take the rear signals off ? :noidea: Help me with this....convince me DS is the way to go! :thumb:
New thread, maybe something like - "DS Setup; From showroom to Dirt: What do you do to make your DS dirt worthy?:thinking:

I like the better to have and not need it theory which is the way I went. Insurance is cheap and tags are not too much either. I have no rear turn signals but the front set remains and has not been torn off in the couple of lay downs I have had. :devil: Now no more hijacking this thread from me. :smirk:
Seriously.......:smirk:

As for dual sports, I'm still on the fence (not the same one GEEKS on...:devil:), whether or not to get a DS...my mind-set is better to have it and not need itthen to need it and not have it. HOWEVER, there are the added costs on insurance, tags, (but I don't know what that would be) plus breakage if I ever get the notion to take a nap...signals, etc. Do you guys take the rear signals off ? :noidea: Help me with this....convince me DS is the way to go! :thumb:

Day One - Rack & chopnwood. As CW pointed out this was an organized 2 day dual sport ride with the Stewards of the Sierra National Forest. It is a well organized self guided event. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a dual sport bike.

This is our first real attempt at using a roll chart and GPS. CW has the roll chart and I have the GPS. We were lost before we ever left the staging area. :lol:

First photo op, a huge canyon and river below us

DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0237.jpg

Some rolling pavement photography of CW behind me.

DSCN0231.jpg

DSCN0232.jpg

DSCN0233.jpg

Here is what is out in front

DSCN0234.jpg

Back to some dirt

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

Transistion to pavement for a mile or two to connect to the next section of trails

DSCN0239.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0241.jpg

more to follow

Looks like I am missing some photos from my upload to photobucket :mad:

Oh well here you go in no particular order

Overlooking Bass Lake

DSCN0243.jpg

Rack

DSCN0245.jpg

This is where we are headed

DSCN0246.jpg

Granite climb

DSCN0248.jpg

DSCN0251.jpg

Fuel and lunch stop this was about 80 miles into our day

DSCN0254.jpg

After a little break it was back onto the bikes :ride:

DSCN0256.jpg

DSCN0257.jpg

DSCN0258.jpg

That's what I have for day one. Total miles logged for me 165 ( i had to take a guy back to an area as he was lost and split up from his group)

On day 2 Captain Pumpkin join us :smirk:. Now CP has not been on his bike for a long time. This should be fun :smirk::devil:

DSCN0259.jpg

CP's pretty bike aka garage art. I wonder if it will get scratched today :noidea:

DSCN0262.jpg

Getting ready to head out for day 2 :banana:

DSCN0265.jpg

Captain Pumkin

DSCN0266.jpg

chopnwood

DSCN0267.jpg

Hey, what happened here? oh, he stalled out. Maybe he should consider a Rekluse :lol:

DSCN0268.jpg

Hey you are supposed to be ON the bike. More on this a little later. Seems like CP & cw liked to be off the bikes in another section :devil:

DSCN0269.jpg

DSCN0271.jpg

in cw's defense, CP did stall out in front of him killing his momentum on this steep rutted incline

DSCN0270.jpg

It was a pretty tough climb. Once we cleared it we started looking for the next section of the trip. We could not find it and ran into a few others that were lost too. As it turned out we connected onto the wrong trail. Guess what CP we get to go down that and retrace our steps :smirk:

Self portrait :D

DSCN0281.jpg

DSCN0282.jpg

Here comes CP with cw running sweep

DSCN0283.jpg

and there they go :wave:

DSCN0284.jpg

CP getting his wipes out to clean up the mess he made or is about to make :lol::P

DSCN0285.jpg

okay cw how do I read this damn thing again :noidea:

DSCN0287.jpg

It was a good thing we had both a GPS and the roll chart because the trails did not seem to match up all of the time. I put the camera away and we made tracks to our next lunch and fuel stop. On the way we came to an awesome section of single track with tight switch backs. :banana:

Here we are heading down it

DSCN0288.jpg

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0291.jpg

Hey what is going on here :thinking:

CP you are supposed to be ON the bike :picard:

DSCN0292.jpg

hold on, you can do it, don't drop it :P

DSCN0293.jpg

saved it :lol:

DSCN0294.jpg

Whoa, what's going on here :thinking: It's cw walking his bike :picard:

DSCN0295.jpg

a quote from chopnwood - "i bet that picture is going in the pussy thread" :lol::lol:

Little did the guys know but I went down on this switch back. I was ON the bike and fell to the uphill side after the front end washed out. I will use CDA's excuse, "it was the front tire. i knew i should have changed it out!" :facepalm:

Here is my bike taking a break waiting for the "hikers" to walk their bikes through the switch back. :smirk:

DSCN0296.jpg

Aways down the trail we came to this downed tree blocking the trail. I was first so I got over it as there were small logs to make a ramp up and over.

DSCN0297.jpg

CP has a pretty good pic of me riding HIS bike over this log. I have a pic that did not upload of chopnwood clearing it. I will have to add that at the end of this report. :prof:

Our lunch and fuel stop for day 2.

DSCN0298.jpg

DSCN0299.jpg

DSCN0300.jpg

Back onto the trail. Not many pics were taken as we needed to roll!

DSCN0301.jpg

DSCN0302.jpg

DSCN0303.jpg

I have a few others on the iphone that i will load a little later.