2 Stroke 1992 cr125 Need help with linkage bearings.

Hi i have a cr125 1992 Im trying to get the linkage removed from. The linkage attaches to the swing arm with a large bolt seen once you remove a rubber plug from each side of the swing arm. I cant bash it though and it looks like it isnt meant to come out yet i need it off to change bearings. Hoping one of you has done this job and can give me a clear answer what to do.

Ill tty to post pics soon

SRAD97750

Staff member
Yea, the swingarm bolt can be a real bitch. 100% is corroded in places. Not only oxidization, but galvanic corrosion can play a part as well.
Galvanic corrosion occurs between disimilar metals, which is why grease is used between components that don't necesarily 'move.'
I don't like the 'bash' method, as it always seems to ruin the bolt. But, if it's truly corroded, you have no choice and should get a bigger hammer and someone else to hold the punch in a pair of vice grips. PB blaster and wd40 can help. Good luck. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Ya i pretty much gave up on takeing the actual swing arm off.. It was siezed when i bought the bike i wd40d the swing arm bolt and worked it up and down for about 20 mins the bearings seem fine and dont have any play. I assume just because it was sitting in the rain for so long at a friends house haha. Anyway the linkage for the swing arm had some destroyed bearings and in order to remove them i need to take off. Shockarm bolt swing arm side. Thats the one i need out. Ill take a pic of the side it dosnt show u on the diagram it dosnt look like its supposed to move

Attachments

• 0_0_20161117_191432.jpg
    0_0_20161117_191432.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 7

SRAD97750

Staff member
The parts diagram shows it as a bolt with a weird head. Like a phillips or JIS. It'll come out, and is probably just as corroded as the swingarm bolt.
Careful, this bolt is discontinued and unavailable NOS as far as I see. 14mmx108mm -BIG DAN:thumb:

Untitled-1.jpg

Theres the bolt from the other side looks like it comes out in the diagram. It has a flattened head sitting against the frame with some sort of adhesive looking stuff around the head..there was a nut i took off the other side. Tryed tapping it out from brake lever side and almost stripped it using a high quality screw driver

Attachments

• 0_0_20161117_191901.jpg
    0_0_20161117_191901.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 7
  • 0_20161117_194427.jpg
    0_20161117_194427.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: