2 Stroke 1989 cr125r build

Transmission finally figured out and good to go. Cases together everything full seated. Crank spins freely. Everything is great until I put 1/4 turn on any crankcase bolt and then the crank will not spin and transmission will not shift.... fuck this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about it I know I know... I used rtv for center gasket as the first one ripped. Could the thickness of that gasket be just enough to cause this?

SRAD97750

Staff member
The missing gasket could be the cause, but most likely a bearing isn't seated perfectly. I have experienced the same issue with cases and the last 1/4 turn of the bolts. Turned out I had a main bearing not quite seated fully, binding the crank on final torque.

-BIG DAN:thumb:
What are you doing on B767s, specifically?

The missing gasket could be the cause, but most likely a bearing isn't seated perfectly. I have experienced the same issue with cases and the last 1/4 turn of the bolts. Turned out I had a main bearing not quite seated fully, binding the crank on final torque.

-BIG DAN:thumb:
What are you doing on B767s, specifically?

Heavy Checks. Everything from servicing hydraulics to changing out pylons. Tiny jobs to huge jobs

( Sorry no update for a while) Ok so the gasket was the trick. Bottom end is good to go and feels like a bottom end again. Top end will be sent out to get bored. Project is on the back burner again. I’ll have to post some pics here soon of some cleaning and cheap/free things. Opportunity came up to buy a k1 gaze 1000 from a friend and I couldn’t say no. I look to have this thing running toward the end of the year.

Soooooo..... @tcepilot ????? any news on the cr?
Life took a minute to give me a chance to get this going, but I forgot about the forum! Bike is running, and running well. Been riding it. Cosmetics are the big thing I need to get straight now. I’ll take some more pics soon

Attachments

• 7EEC8D09-490F-4462-BCCA-65BD9A8FF647.jpeg
    7EEC8D09-490F-4462-BCCA-65BD9A8FF647.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • EFE484D6-235F-4E35-B592-18CBB92E23CC.jpeg
    EFE484D6-235F-4E35-B592-18CBB92E23CC.jpeg
    731.2 KB · Views: 4