250 1988 yz250 build

If there is way less oil on that top corner where the bolt was missing I would put money on air being sucked through there at such a force it's cleaned the surface for you, find a replacement bolt and torque the bolts up and crank it and see if it makes a diff!?!?

If there is way less oil on that top corner where the bolt was missing I would put money on air being sucked through there at such a force it's cleaned the surface for you, find a replacement bolt and torque the bolts up and crank it and see if it makes a diff!?!?
Alright I'll start there. Should I just clean everything real good and stick it on? Also I'm gonna add more gas in my tank because I put way too much oil to gas ratio and I feel like that's also contributing. Then I'll crank it and if that doesn't fix it I'll move on to the next thing that could be causing it.

Alright I'll start there. Should I just clean everything real good and stick it on? Also I'm gonna add more gas in my tank because I put way too much oil to gas ratio and I feel like that's also contributing. Then I'll crank it and if that doesn't fix it I'll move on to the next thing that could be causing it.

How about a video this time so we can see what's happening.
Also, how much oil did you mix? 6.5oz per gallon is your deal with that bike and if adding more gas fixes your problem @2strokesteve89 will blow @Rack! Chances are the slide is hanging up, the throttle cable has a pinch in it, routed wrong or is adjusted wrong and the other is it has a severe suction when started causing a super rev.

Also, how much oil did you mix? 6.5oz per gallon is your deal with that bike and if adding more gas fixes your problem @2strokesteve89 will blow @Rack! Chances are the slide is hanging up, the throttle cable has a pinch in it, routed wrong or is adjusted wrong and the other is it has a severe suction when started causing a super rev.
Haha if it doesn't fix it then I'll post a video of it. I'm just afraid, how long can it go running like that before it will seize??

Haha if it doesn't fix it then I'll post a video of it. I'm just afraid, how long can it go running like that before it will seize??
So long as you have all your fluids correct, case oil level, gas/oil ratio and coolant levels tip top then you can run it for a little bit maybe 20 to 30 seconds before it starts getting hot when you would have to worry about it going a bit skeewiff if it gonna so for tuning purposes crank it and listen to the beat of her drum and kill it and let it cool while you tweak the cable or carb or....... Whatever else you can!!!!

Do I at least get dinner out of this?

Ok so replaced all the bolts on the boot since none of them would tighten all the way and put it all together. I added a little more gas also. I'm pretty sure that it's fixed, but I didn't leave it on long enough to really tell but it sounded like the idle was down close to normal. The reason I cut it off is because the fmf exhaust that's on there isn't even held on by anything to the regular pipe... And it just popped off and made it really loud and smoke was everywhere. How am I supposed to get it to stay on? I saw online they put silicone on but that wouldn't even work for this because the fmf slip on exhaust just hovers around the stock pipe and I have no idea what to do. Any help? Should I just weld it? Is there any special kind of tape that I can just wrap around it a bunch to let it flow?

SRAD97750

Staff member
exhaust just hovers around the stock pipe and I have no idea what to do. Any help? Should I just weld it? Is there any special kind of tape that I can just wrap around it a bunch to let it flow?
Radiator hose and hose clamps. It is quite effective at sealing the two together, cheap, and temps never get hot enough to melt the hose there. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Radiator hose and hose clamps. It is quite effective at sealing the two together, cheap, and temps never get hot enough to melt the hose there. -BIG DAN:thumb:
I'll check it out. Also I saw a bunch of exhaust wrap, sealant, type kits on autozone website so I might try that too

On Honda cr's there's an external rubber ribbed sleeve/ gasket that would probably help seal it up there but maybe not really long enough to add two clamps,
Schematic part number 12 on the fische linked below!
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cr250r-1...ales_model2807/partslist/F__1305.html#results
I had a similar issue years ago and ended up having an inch long extension pipe welded on to the header to slide in to the depth and width of the flange but its not an ideal solution as there should be a little bit of play in most exhaust joints and welding it rigid will likely snap on you!
Sort it somehow as a temp fix and go ride that bike if it's sounding ready to go!
Try getting a video up so we can hear it through the rev range!

The radiator hose worked perfect! I cranked it up and it idled pretty normal but after a while it kind of started idling faster. Any theories? Also where the exhaust touches the engine smoke is coming out between the cracks... I have no idea what to do about that